I'm too nervous to meet my online date... Has anyone else experienced this? I haven't dated in awhile, he'll probably not like me?

I am pretty career focused and so guys haven't been on my mind... I recently got an account online and there's this guy I have talked to a few times. We are friends on Facebook now too and have mutual friends. My friend told me she knows of him and he's really cool and probably gets a lot of girls. I'm just so intimidated because he seems like I super nice guy, but I feel like he's out of my league. I'm also super shy... I probably won't be able to carry a Convo when we do meet. Honestly meeting is freaking me out... He has asked me three times now and I keep putting it off... I'm interested but I don't feel ready. im just too nervous that I don't know if I can go. It'd be easier if we met in a group setting but that isn't looking likely.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're putting too much pressure on yourself. The only thing you can do in a given situation is your best. Maybe it might go bad, but maybe it might go great. You never know until you try. If you really feel your social skills need work the only way to fix it is to go out and meet people. Staying home alone will only make things worse.

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually felt that way just last week. I met my long distance boyfriend, and I was so afraid that he wouldn't like me for one reason or another. I panicked the entire trip there, but once he saw me he wrapped his arms around me and we went on our little date. It was great. All you can do is be you on your date, and if that isn't good enough for him, then he's easily replaceable.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah I have a female friend from Australia I have been seeing her from high school to graduate from college in Japan. When she arrived in my country
    I hide. Seriously I think I am not good partner to take friend walking around.

• Just relax. its not gonna be bad

What Girls Said 0