Hiding depression from my boyfriend?

I come from a background of extreme bullying. I am scandinavian and so is my boyfriend but different countries so it's a ldr. A month back I went to his country and met all his family and friends. It was perfect and his friends were already planning how I should move there. But then at a party with his friends we were playing a game with two teams, both had a captain and they chose their team and I was of course picked last. As always in my life. And it hurt and then my boyfriend kinda made a joke "oh no one wanted you" (not exact words but along the lines) and that hurt even more. Now don't say he's a jerk he was totally joking it was said in that manner and we both have a rough sense of humor. He just didn't realize it was really tough for me. I excused myself to get a drink but really went tohis room and cried my eyes out. He came there a while later and I explained him stuff about my past but didn"t tell him what triggered it. Pretty sure he has no idea. I feel like a crybaby and a bit like he might not get im not trying to be dramatic but im just truly hurting so much inside..

Most Helpful Guy

• Fist of all, have in mind that you knew you were joking, so you know that he didn't really mean what he said, so there's no need to be hurt. However, I understand that a tough past can cause these reactions and you should hide nothing from him. Communication is important and not hiding things, no matter how though they are, is important.

Most Helpful Girl

• You should really talk to someone. I suffered depression on & off through my life I'm now 35 so over 15 years iv battled it.. I talk to a councilor instead of my boyfriend as it's easier to be more open about things.. half the battle is letting it all out

What Guys Said 1

• Telling stuff the people it matters the most to is super important. You can't sit and wait for help, when no one knows you need some.
    Tell him what triggered it and he'll try to avoid such things.

What Girls Said 1

• Aww how come they didn't want you in the team? Poor thing.

• Usually I appreciate sarcasm. Not right now :)

• Not trying to be sarcastic. Sorry I think you misunderstood.

• I just don't get why they wouldn't want you because that is so mean if them