Girls, Do you avoid eye contact and verbal contact with certain guys to avoid sending the wrong signal to them?

Okay so there's been a few girls with this situation with me, it mainly occurs at the gym with like 3 to 5 girls, I'm pretty sure their NOT! attracted to me, (but I could be wrong. Anyway they come in and I might glance or at them like once or twice but it's ususlly for the workouts their doing, I assume they all think I'm attracted to them so I don't look too long, it always feels like their avoiding me. Like avoid verbal contact and eye contact. Personally I think their stupid and arrogant and I think they assume every guy likes them. 😳🙄😠😤😒 that's so lame! Anyway cuz females lose bonus points fast when they walk around acting like they can get any guy, and sad! , I'm curious do you avoid eye contact with a lot of guys to avoid sending the wrong signals? Or do you not really care?

• I avoid direct eye contact with strangers and new guys to avoid sending mixed signals
    41% (26)
  • I don't avoid contact but I just don't look too long
    21% (13)
  • I don't really care, it's never bothered me when guys look at me
    19% (12)
  • I don't really like anyone looking at me
    19% (12)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

17

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Girls Said 16

• It may not be cause they r not attracted. If i were at the gym, alone, doing my stuff, id be very anxious if people look at me. So i would even hide from their gaze.
    So this is another alternative

• If i can tell a guy is looking at me but i'm not interested, i will avoid making eye contact. No offense but unless you were looking at them and attracted to them, i doubt you would notice they were doing that. there are probably women you find unattractive who also may avoid eye contact but you dont notice it because you aren't noticing them.

women do this because a lot of the time when you make eye contact with a guy and he is interested in you, he will often approach so this is a way of avoiding that.

• No offense taken but I do work out. No offense to you but a lot of women are lazy as shit in Los Angeles CA. So it's ankh shock when I see a girl goin hard in the gym, especially when I see agitl doing legit men push up sand not those weak ass push ups where you're positioned on your knees (female push ups) I don't see how you ladies even see results like that🤔
      I'm just interested in the work outs and the progress, I don't even really talk much in person cuz I'm somewhat shy so if I don't know you then chances are I'll never say hi unless you say it first plus there's always drama and bullshit when I bring girls into my life... I ususlly stay solo to avoid moments like cheating, lying, mood swings, childish arguments and interrogation and various other things that seem to come to me when when I'm dating a girl. I honestly don't care if any of the girls talk to me when I'm at the gym, this is why I wear my headphones 24/7, to avoid being bothered in the middle of my session

• I'm usually busy or interested in something else when they approach me but I don't want to be rude so I make limited eye contact because I really want to get back to that other thing. If the guy keeps coming around and it's obvious he's interested but I'm not, I look at him less and less and less and make it evident in my body language that I don't want to talk to him. So far my strategy doesn't work.

• I'm always nice to people soo if I'm talking with a guy and i start to think that maaaaybe I'm being to kind like He could be getting a wrong signal than I avoid eye contact and keep the conversation more blunt... :D hehehehe

• If I see someone trying to make eye contact with me I will return it and smile. I get a lot of people staring at because of the wheelchair so I sometimes return the stare until they look away or smile at them or even raise my eyebrows at them

• Sometimes

• I do it sometimes because a guy makes me nervous or I really like him.

I do it other times because I don't want a guy to think I like him. Like sometimes at the gym I accidentally catch someone's eye and I look away right away... it happens so much at the gym because there's no where to look and people all over the place.

• I just don't like being seen in general. I pretend to be on my phone, including texting myself so I look busy...

• Why is that? The way you describe it you seem... Anti social a bit😟

• It isn't something I control, I just panic when thrown into social situations. I'm not sure why

• What are some of the things that run through your mind?

• The fun is in staring a guy down to tell him to back off. Staring someone in the eyes for a full minute with a foreboding facial expression is best

• i don't avoid eye contact. however, i do not smile at any of my male customers anymore because the last time i did, i got more than one stalker on my doorstep. it wasn't fun.

• I only avoid eye contact with men who will use ANYTHING as an opener.

What do you mean? "Anything as an opening?" You mean like stupid shit just to get you to speak?

"Men who will use anything as an opener" = exactly that = "anything"

• I avoid talking too and making eye contact with guys that stare at my chest.

• I'm guessing your breast are rather larger than adverage

• They're not giant, but they do look bigger because I am quite small.

• I don't know I never think about it. I usually avoid eye contact out of nervousness because I'm shy

• Never eye contact but sometimes I watch my tone cause it can come off as a cooing come here tone

• I just go about my business. I'm there to work out not get picked up.
    I would never not talk to someone, especially if they talked to me and if I avoid I contact its probably because I'm off in my own little world...

• I only avoid eye contact if I get the vibe it would do more harm then good. Normally I always make eye contact with everyone and give them a friendly head nod. I read eye contact is important when it comes to potential violence on the street. If people think you would be able to identify them they are less likely to attack you. I also don't listen to music while walking or running or play on my phone for the same reason. I don't make eye contact long if it's in passing or I am super uncomfortable and I try to stay pleasant but talk as little as possible.

• Hahaha I wish you didn't go anon, I wanna pm you, (not to hit on you) you just seem different