Girlfriend says I throw like a girl?

This girl I'm dating (we've been going out for 2 months) played Division I college softball and she has an amazing arm. The other day at the park, we were playing catch (with a football) and after the first time I threw it to her, she looked at me, giggled, and said, "You throw like a girl." (I don't think I was that bad, honestly, but she could definitely throw it harder and further than me. She'd motion for me to move back when she threw it, then she'd have to come forward to catch it when I threw it back to her). She could throw it more than 40 yards, maybe close to 50. When we went to lunch afterward she kept teasing me about it.

How do you think I should handle this? Should I just forget it and hope she doesn't mention it again? Ask her to teach me how to throw like her? Ask someone else to teach me and try to impress her next time? (I have the technique down pretty good, I can get a good spiral and all that, I just can't throw it with her level of strength and force. I'm a little bigger than her - I'm 5'8" and 155 pounds, she's 5'6" and 140 - but she's pretty muscular).

And do girls always only want to date guys who are more athletic than them?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not that serious, she was simply teasing you for fun.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• Probably she means that you are physically weak.

• She's teasing you.

• I'm sure that was meant as a compliment in your case

• Tell her you talk like a bitch