Online dating and appearance?

A guy found me online and we have mutual friends, he's only seen my profile pictures. He says he'd want to meet up and hangout. I look maybe 20 pounds slimmer on my pictures, also my makeup and hair was done professionally (sisters a mua and wanted practice) so I would say I look like a 5/10 IRL and a 9/10 online... I'm short and chubby. Probably not what he expects. I don't want to meet him in real life because I'm scared he'll not like me anymore. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Lmao this chick from tinder met me outside after texting for 2 days and looked way different and like 50 pounds fatter and with more chins than hong kong phonebook. I asked her about it and she said her pics were 6 months old lmao bailed within minute, don't go out if thays ur case lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe that would qualify as catfishing.

>.>

- Update your pics. Send him some personal, new ones. Be honest, because he's going to meet you IRL. You don't want him to make a scene and spread sh*t about you because of how you look in your pics.

What Guys Said 3

• He may not care but there's a good change he'd feel received and he may only be attracted to the imagines of you 20 lighter with the make up. In the futur, I'd put accurate photos of yourself so that you find someone that's interested in your looks as well. How would you feel if the guy looked 10 years older or 40 pounds heavier (since guys are bigger overall)?

• Don't then because this happened to me and I was extremely pissed.

• Tell him... Ask him what he is looking for in a girl... I think you are kinda cute... If he doesn't like you he is not worth it...

What Girls Said 6

• This is the reason why people should be confident in their own "skin". You should let people see you as you are in reality. If not, they'll build their own image of what you are like , then be disappointed when you meet up, because it'll be like meeting up with someone else. .

If he sees you and rejects you , it won't t mean you aren't good enough or not pretty enough... it'll mean he feels fooled and betrayed by you

• There is no good reason for a teen girl to meet up with an adult man she doesn't know.

• How'd you get the idea that he's an adult? He's my age, a month older.

• Well he goes to my best friends high school and I've known her for 10 years so I trust her haha. She and her boyfriend are both really close to him and say he's a good guy so im absolutely certain it's safe.

• You're never absolutly safe meeting a stranger.

• You should put up to date pictures on your profile or video chat with him

• If you guys talk again casually ask him for a picture then you send one. Send him a full body pic that recent where you still look good but not where it doesn't look like you. See what he says.

• Dress up a little bit and you'll be fine. You're still you.