Why don't some girls kiss on the first date?

Girls - If you go on a date, you like the guy, you obviously get on and clicked from the start, why don't girls kiss on the first date?

I mean a relationship is physical as well as mental, so why not see if there was a spark between your bodies as well. Why waste time?

If I really like the guy I would kiss on the first date, I don't thing that makes me easy.

What are guys thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• If everything is going great and there is a mutual attraction, I wouldn't see a problem with kissing on the first date. Sex on a first date is a different story.

What Guys Said 4

• kissing on the first date can give the impression of being easy.

waiting till the third or so can give you more perspective on how things are going.

but that's just me

• I think your right on the money.

• I prefer to kiss a girl in the first date because it is a good sign that we can be a couple, not just friends, but sometimes the environment is not so romantic for kisses.

• I leave the girl wanting more so I never kiss completely on the first date. What I mean is I get up right up to her lips, let her feel the heat coming off of me, hold her close, open my mouth, let out just a bit of hot air and then pull away. The girl always has her eyes closed and is so into the moment that she is almost disappointed that I don't follow through with a real kiss. But after I pull away I always say, "I never kiss on the first date, how about a hug and a kiss on the cheek instead." The girl usually agrees so when she turns her cheek toward me I brush back a part of her hair, lick my lips, slightly open my mouth and kiss her leaving behind a partial wet kiss.

What Girls Said 4

• i really don't get any of this because over here we don't wait around we kiss anyone we really like straight away it doesn't mean were easy it just means we don't waste time! like do yous not go on nights out were your on the pull?

• I'm not single anymore but when I was, I ALWAYS kissed on the first date if I was really into a guy. I don't think that makes me easy either. I'm not sure how to explain this exactly, but I had a lot of male friends that I hung out with. Quite often I had feelings for them. Quite often they had feelings for me. Sometimes we even both had feelings for each other at the same time but for whatever reason didn't act on them. So how was my hanging out with them, different than going on a date? To me, just calling it a date doesn't make it a date. There has to be some clearcut signal that this is different. Kissing being a good signal, lol. Maybe I'm just weird. (It's ok, I hear that CONSTANTLY.) But that's just how I feel about it.

• most of the time they don't want to appear as desperate in front of guys. If you let him kiss on the first day, what the next day will be like. he will want more than that, I am sure

It is true that if you are too easy, guys don't take you seriously

• Many times, guys lose interest in girls they can 'get to' easily.

It has to do with double-standards, etc.

Girls who refrain from kissing on the first date might do so because they assume guys think in a manner of 'if I got to kiss her on the first date.when I barely know her--what will she let me do three more dates down the line'.

I don't know of many girls who DON'T kiss on the first date, by the way.

• Many times guys loose interest in girls who are not allowing themselves to be "got" as well!