Girls, Can you be in exclusive without actually talking about making it exclusive?

So we have known each other for 4 years now. We were great in the beginning, but a significant misunderstanding put me in the friend zone for about a year and a half. After that I made my way from being a friend to where she now calls me "my baby", "my boo", "my love", "the greatest man in her life", and stuff like that. She still remembers the night we met and most anything else that we have done. She has said she loves spending time with me and if she has a bad day at work she will tell me that spending time together makes her feel better. She will talk about a future sometimes. I saved a family of rabbits this winter by feeding them and keeping them warm. When I told her that she said "I knew I picked the best man ;)" I guess my question is, are we still just talking or does this sound like it's starting to gear more towards an actual relationship?

She wants our first date to be us tking a bath together, kissing and cuddling and spending time together

3

What Girls Said 3

• It sounds like an actual relationship, yes. And to answer your question, yes. For many women, when we're truly invested or interested in one man, we don't really talk to anyone else, even if we haven't had the exclusivity talk. It's just the natural progression. I typically prefer to have it anyways, but you don't have to. It depends on the person as well, because you don't want to be caught in a scenario where maybe you find out about someone else, and she can say "but we never agreed to be exclusive" deal.

• You need to talk about it.

I think it's not a hard and fast rule that it always has to be specially agreed upon, but I prefer to just have the convo and make sure we are eon the same page even when I'm like 99% sure we are exclusive. In your situation it sounds like there is a bit more ambiguity about what you're doing so it doesn't hurt to ask.

• This sounds like you guys are just talking. It sounds like you are not asserting yourself as a love interest and that you are still behaving like a "friend" in the friend zone. So until you make your interest clear and then she also expresses interest you're not even at a point where you can talk about an exclusive relationship. I'm not saying she thinks of you as a friend or love interest, but if you don't do something, you will be friend zoned forever.