What kind of effect do anti-depressants have?

I have to take anti depressants but i dont know what they are going to do with me?

What Guys Said 2

• This is my speciality. I've been dealing with mental problems since I was 14.
    Antidepressants will give you, in a broad term, a bit of an energy boost. Which is why it is recommended you take them in the morning. If you take them at night you might have a hard time falling asleep. It's not the same thing as having an energy drink, but that will be the most immediate effect. Later you will notice you dwell on certain thoughts a lot less. You will also have more interest in hobbies/work if the medication is working properly.

• They essentially affect your brain chemistry so that certain neurotransmitters are "deadened". Your emotions are numbed, so you don't dip into lows. Things won't affect you as much, therefore your depression is calmed. As a result, you may feel and act like a robot. At least my experiences.

What Girls Said 1

• They make you feel more energetic.