Strange question: Found a lump in my breast - should I tell the guy I'm dating?

I found a red rash on my breast the other day and there's a lump underneath. I went to the doctors the same day and he said there was nothing to worry about, but it's since spread and I'm going back this week. I've been an absolute state about it, but I havent' yet told the great guy I've been dating the past 2 months. He works in a hospital, and he also deals with a lot of health issues with his mom each week so I didn't want to worry him. Would it be too intense if I mentioned it or shall I see how it pans out? I've read the horror stories it could be inflammatory breast cancer, and it shares the same symptoms but it's a rare form of cancer and it would seem like fear-mongering if I mentioned it. By the way, we haven't slept together yet and we're taking it steady. Please help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Since it's still relatively early in the relationship I definitely don't think you NEED to tell your guy about it. But if it's the type of thing that would help make you feel more comfortable with the overall situation, then I don't think it would be a bad thing either. Normally I'd say wait but since he has a medical background he can probably handle it & process it better than a lot of other guys would. So... safe approach is to wait to get more information before you tell him, but not super risky to bring it up either. Trust your instincts!

• Thanks, yeah I think I might wait. It's better to have full facts than vague presumptions.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should wait and find out what's going on before you tell him. It may be nothing serious so there's no point in worrying too much until you find out for sure. It's not good to try and self-diagnose. Just wait until you go back to the doctor and then *if* you find out it is something more serious, you can bring it up to the guy you're dating then.

What Guys Said 3

• If it's something that will worry someone and there's a fair chance it's nothing, no real benefit of telling him. Unless he's a nurse/dr?

• I don't see a reason why you can't tell him. All he's gonna tell you is to get it checked out.

• If he is going to see it then just let him know it's a rash.

What Girls Said 0