If women took more control of the courting process (i. e. taking men on dates, buying us flowers lol jk) would everyone be more lucky in love?

• Yes, definitely.
  • No. That's ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a difference between courting and dating. Dating can be initiated by both male or female. Courting has always been started by the men in prospective of finding a marriage partner, and both parties must be in agreement to do so. Taking men out on dates sounds very silly here in America. And I'm pretty sure no woman would feel comfortable in doing that. Perhaps in other countries like China, Japan or something like that would. But even so, a man has to want to take a woman on as a wife, and see if she is suitable to be both his spouse and future mother to start a family with. Plus doing that in my opinion is dumbing down men in general like they don't know how to date or choose a wife. And that is not all the time true, and this doesn't apply to every man. Though I would think that this is unique, just a bit untraditional. But that may not be the reality and in truth. This is going to be a disaster because a lot of women are not wise enough to make appropriate choices in men these days. Very few do and actually succeed. But those are the ones who take courting seriously and not fooling around. That means abiding by courting rules as well until the wedding day if it works out.

• I'm not talking about initiation, just courting. Though cold calling someone in public, damn It's takes courage lol. Men going in to get a number for the first time are so falsely confident, it should be a crime lol. We see people everyday and sometimes we see someone we'd like to see again and get to know, but never do. I believe if feminism taught us anything is that women CAN and SHOULD go for what they want. It might yield them better results. Maybe.

• Very well said 😊 That is fact!!!

• I was going to reply but no need... Yours said it all!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Look at comments and vote results

Exactly why men > women lol you admitting yourself you can't lead or control. Stop whining about equality, you way far behind

What Girls Said 17

• I don't think it would change much in terms of more people being "lucky" in love. But I do think more women should feel comfortable doing the pursuing. And I think when you are in a relationship with someone, the gifts and sweet stuff should be a two way street.

• No. Changing roles won't fix anything. Situations vary by person. If a guy want's to take the lead then that's fine. If a girl wants to take the lead then that's fine. Personally I like guys who take the lead.

• The problem with that is your average man won't be approached and men dont realize that. Many women approach or take men on dates. Its not going to help the relationship at all though. Relationships end because of lack of communication, of boredom or one looses attraction.

• Would everyone be more lucky? What exactly does that mean?

• The courting process is not a game. People express courtship different ways. It's not about gaming the system, it's about being a genuine person to another person. Shifting responsibility is not the goal here.

• women do and a lot of men complain she's stealing their role. or they feel emasculated. no reason for women to stop im just establishing its done and its often met with adversarial attitudes :)

• On the asking out part probably, on the getting stuff no but doing that in the first place is stupid.

• Women don't like (or even respect) men that they feel like they can control, which is what happens when they assume the receptive role.

• How did I know the guys of gag would say yes to this? Good luck with that.
    I don't plan on changing my ways, I think guys should be the one to approach.

• I think its best to move with the societal change, the face of America is changing. Women are more empowered than ever. That liberation comes with a personal responsibility. It's being embraced slowly, but surely.

• I don't know I want to raise my son/daughter as a king does his prince/princess. I want too "be there" like all the time. Overtime? "Nah, not this week, my son/daughter has a thing". I'm kinda the number one fan." lol. I want to take the time out to teach/mold my children. I think that's something archaic that was lost. We raise are children, never truly passing down our lessons in a genuine manner, afraid we'll break them. I want my queen with her back against mine, teaching our daughter her true power, her worth, what a women is.
      (Her and I against the world) It's not conventional, but to me it makes a lot of sense.

• That has nothing to do with the court of process... Lol but I agree with you

• I would love to buy a guy flowers. lol

• Right. It'd take him by surprise, and if he's secure enough in his masculinity, it'll be seen as endearing.

• Yes. I shall buy him sunflowers and he will be my sunshine! <3

• Guys need to be spoiled too!!!

• Hehe we are planning it

• Trust me, men don't generally react well to being courted. They don't know what to do if they don't have their clear gender roles laid out, it's like they think a woman being romantic means they have to bend over and let us fuck them.

• Men would find a way to take control of the process and leave the girl without an option but to wait on them.

• There is no world where men will stop their pursuit of the flesh and wait for it to come to them.

• That's not what I meant though it is a good angle. I didn't mean they would stop the pursuit of flesh, I meant they would still use their old tricks such as never calling for two weeks, being dodgy or blowing hot and cold. Even if the woman moves on to date someone else, she'd have to wait on the guy to be ready to commit at any level.

• In my personal experience, men aren't hot and cold so much as we are routine creatures. Creatures of habit so to speak, and I'll admit we are far more focused on the sexual aspects of dating. So after we obtain that part of it we tend to drift back into being the "single guy who met someone recently". Not all of us are playing.
      After sex we're like well fed cats. Like I know you're there, and your dope, but if you dont come pet me, I'll jump in your lap when I start getting hungry again. People got it wrong. Men are like cats. Lol

• No, because as Taylor Swift very intelligently puts it "Boys only want love if it's torture."

• Taylor Swift and intelligent in the same sentence is being intellectually dishonest to everyone.

• I wouldn't say yes or no. I've been asked out, and have asked guys out. Guys complain that girls don't ask them out, but when I do they said it comes off as desperate. I'm not, I can get a date if I wanted. I just liked the guy and took the first step in stating I want to hang out with him. I also pay my own way on dates, because I'm more comfortable with that.

• Ugh I'm all for taking turns and make a move but it feels unnatural for a woman to take a man out on a date it's like wtf.

• Why did so many men downvote you lol, i agree with you.

• @Sara413 must of clicked the wrong person but its a valid point

• Lol chill guys

What Guys Said 11

• Some of the best times I've had with a girl came from her basically choosing me. When I was only acting minimally stupid.
    I like forward confident girls. A lot. They're my favorite. Even if it isn't immediate and she first had to decide she actually likes me.

• Why not? I think it might be interesting to be the one chased for once. Never had any women I dated buy me flowers. I rather like them also. It gets tiring being the only one doing the courting.

• i would appreciate it. its time for women to realize that we dont live in the 1800s any longer and they are more than welcome to show us men some love to and take some initiative too.

• Would make things hella easier

• I only get hit on by fat black chicks and I don't want anymore.

• 61% believe we should do all the effort lol

• No, I think men much prefer being the pursuers rather than the pursued when it comes to dating.

• Yes but women like things difficult so it's not going to change.

• It still wouldn't make a difference but guys will save a lot of money. lol

• No, i prefer doing all of that for a woman.

• Well it's the only way I'll ever get into a relationship because I'm too shy to do anything other than have small talk with pretty girls.