I'm real and sincere, but why do the fake ladies get most of the attention?

I'm a down to earth and I've been told I'm pretty. I have a cute face, I'm fit, and I have nice long hair. I've been compared to a young Lucy Liu or Gong Li. However, I like to be natural so I don't wear make-up or heels or push up bras (I do wear regular bras for modesty). I find that my friends or relatives who wear make up, get most of the attention though. I was told that I'm not as attractive as a relative of mine who totally transforms her face with make up and it's kind of frustrating because when she doesn't have make up on, she's a bit plain. I thought guys would appreciate a natural look more, but not always. Also, I'm more sincere and nice to guys, I don't play games, but my relative who knows how to be fake nice to guys and use them, she's always the one who gets the attention. Am I naive for wanting to be natural and real?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are totally right, being who you are, and not selling out to the phony 'plastic' world!!
    You just haven't found the right guy, just yet!!
    I have always preferred women, just like you describe, but maybe with glasses! :)
    It's harder for some of us that look for something more than just superficial BS!!
    I think that maybe you are somewhat like me, and want to be YOU, and have someone that just loves YOU, because you are that person!!
    Just be patient, and trust that you will find that special someone that really just loves who YOU are!! No make-up needed; no special shoes, or Coach purses!! Just you, as you!
    That's the one I want to get to know. The one that I think I want to be with. . .

What Guys Said 4

• Real in a Fake World

I get it

But while it is frustrating, when you do meet real and are appreciated for you genuine sincerity you will feel a happiness that the fake in the fake world cannot comprehend

• "Fake" girls usually put themselves out there more so they get a lot of attention. Be yourself and never change.

• Because you don't understand the game.

• fake ladies dont get attention, real natural girls do, because natural is beautiful, so find a guy you like and ask him out. that is if thats what you want.

What Girls Said 5

• A little bit faking doesn't mean faking at all. Don't think that no make up would attract guys, but having makeup on doesn't necessarily attract guys. I'm assuming you are Asian by stating Chinese actress names? What realistic and down to earth mean to you or in your definition. I have a girl friend, she doesn't do any makeup, very straight forward, she tells whatever she is thinking inside her, no filter, very real and stay true, however I sometimes find her being annoying, like she always point out something's people don't want to know or something that would embarrass someone. A certain degree of faking is being socially polite, and putting makeup on is not necessary to attract guys :) for guys who reject girls because they don't put makeup on, they don't deserve you anyways. :)

• I'm not rude or annoying. I'm polite so I don't think that's an issue. I just don't fake flirt and act like someone I'm not to get guys to like me. I watch my cousins do that and totally wrap guys around their little fingers and then they turn around and tell me they don't care about these guys, they just want to use the men for a free drink or a dinner. I feel really bad for the guys actually. But you're right, if they don't want to talk to me because I'm not all dolled up, then they are not my type anyway.

• Getting free drink by fake to flirt is a very common game. In others eyes it would be annoying, but in certain aspect, its nothing wrong. No one use a gun point at the guy's head to buy her a free drink, they are happy to please each other. If she fake flirt to make him happy, and he buys a drink to make her feel happy, what's wrong? I mean unless you are looking into a very serious relationship, maybe they're just having fun and they don't take things serious. But sometimes its interesting that, something serious always come after when you don't take things so serious at the beginning. Not telling you to fake flirt with guys.. haha just saying maybe this is just a way to approach some guys, and big majority of guys enjoy girls open up to flirt a little, it indicates certain degree of confident and more approachable. But I don't agree on girls who constantly flirt with different guys at one time. You can keep up to stay real and I believe there must be someone who love ur personality:)

• I don't have my head stuck in superficiality, and I'm not even playing the dating game, actually. My advice to you is to keep your head held high and don't bother to associate with those "superficiality slaves", as I like to call them, or worry or feel frustrated over what others think of you. Genuine people are more interesting, anyway. Dare to be unique. Because, if you do that and continue to be you, you will weed out all the people who don't deserve your time and find valuable, REAL-personality friends and possibly a future lover. And they will appreciate and admire you for YOU, and you will end up happier and emotionally healthier as a person. :) So, don't go on the "path" everyone else "walks on". Make your own "path" and strike out alone. Listen to how you feel. That's what's most important.

• no. and i totally get that, because i'm real too. isn't it funny though, how guys say they want women who don't wear makeup and who are sincere, than they turn around and pick the one who wears makeup and lies to their face? i guess life is just full of double standards.

• You must be ugly.

• Well as far as looks, natural beauty always wins if you ask me. But for some guys, good looks are simply attention grabbers. A girl's good looks will grab a guys attention, and her personality kind of lures him in. Now when it comes to those fake girls who are constantly playing games... I think it's just the simple idea that everybody wants what they can't have. I don't know about you, but if somebody tells me i can't have something, that just makes me want it more