Is tinder exclusively for hookups or do people use it for dating?

I just downloaded it 2 days ago and I am just lolling at the thirsty dudes there hahaha
anw I am seeing some acquaintances of mine there too haha so they d think I am solely there for sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Archiz you have seen my tinder posts lmao you already know whats up.

• Honestly it s because of your posts that I downloaded it hahaha sounded fun.
      But man I got some weird stuff
      One wats me to pose nude for him
      Then another bdsm dude
      And so on like huh 😅😅

• ahahaha. Fcking glad I inspired you to download ahaha. Hell yeah.

• hahahha xD

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope.

- My friend met her boyfriend on there last Sept/Oct. They're still together. She's still a virgin and he's been extremely respectful about it.

If I ever installed it, I wouldn't use it to look for a relationship... ;P

What Guys Said 40

• There are many reasons why people use tinder or dating apps in general. some want to actually date, some want to have one night stands, some want friends, and some just want to feel good about themselves to have guys and girls complimenting them. Both men AND women use it for the reasons stated above. But what I find to be the most important to determine which reasons is either being upfront about it or demographics. literally just tell the guy or gilr that you want sex. its easy, its not like you actually know the person so why be afraid. (of course have some class mates, dont just start with some nasty line and expect it to work. decency and communication goes a long way) Demographics means where you are when you are using tinder and matching people. in a large city its more likely that the girls and guys on there just wants sex and/or friends if theyre new to the city. in a small town its more likely that they are using it for dating and relationships because the chances of that match being a mutual friend with your friends is high. in a big city, very unlikely.

so there you have it. time is also very important. if you are using tinder on a Friday and getting matches at 9pm and on, in the big city this means that they are most likely just looking to get laid.

• yea I am not in it for sex really
      and a lot of people there I know so it s kind off awkward haha

• 99.9999999999% of guys use it to hookup
    I wanna say that most women will tell you they are looking for a relationship because they don't wanna be promiscuous but they still hookup.

• Why do people go on tinder if it's not to have sex? It's the whole point of the site! If you go there but have no intention of having sex, you are just making it harder for people to use the site and therefore, you are being a nuisance to the users of the site. I don't get it.

• I can't speak for all guys but I wouldn't take a girl I met on tinder seriously for a relationship. I don't believe any of the ones who say "I am looking for a relationship and don't do hookups" in their profile. I assume they exchange nudes and hookup with the hottest guys and then act coy with the rest.

• I think that it's more so for hookups and for the people that really have the looks or at least able to create the "illusion" of having the desired looks and appeal.

• Tinder is not a place to go if your looking for a relationship, it's a place where people go to find someone to just fuck, or sext and get nudes from.

If you want a relationship then you should go find a guy to date in real life or if you have to use an actual dating website... tinder is well tinder lol.

• lol right or use okcupid

• Every dating site has assholes and fakes on it. You just have to get use to it.

• @NatashaJ I don't use em at all to be honest, I hate the whole idea of it, takes the magic so to speak out of finding someone, because you know exactly why everyone is there, and you miles well assume half of the people are fake, ehh, just ain't for me.

• I might get on it for a laugh. Or am I too old for it? :D

It seems to have the reputation of being for fooking.

And yes, they know you're there solely for sex ;)

• But I am not :p
      And nah you re def not old

• You're in Lebanon, right? They have tinder there?

I'll get on it, and see what happens ;) Actually, come to think of it, I like the idea of it! Seems a bit risque!

• I met a girl to date before and soon I'll go on another one. What matters is communication - we both already established that neither of us use tinder for "that".

• I think a lot depends where you are and your age group - Whenever I look at it, I am surprised by the number of women my age who state in their profiles, no hook ups only serious guys please.

• I've never used it at all. i wouldn't know. I have a career to protect i dont do any sort of online dating.

• I've never used it but from what I've been told, people use it to hook up. I'm not in the least bit surprised that you've encountered thirsty dudes :p

• 2|0
  • yep. tinder is a sex app. some might let you get away with saying its for relationships but the playas know better

• dont know, im using it for months and never got a match lol, but then again my country girls have wayy to much high standards and they are weird as hell

• depends on the age range of the guys you make yourself available to.

28 and under = sex

29 and over = possibly more than sex.

• I knew what tgat is recently and I have trust issues with it I have no idea how people trust that thing lol

• both

guys know that you are a thirsty, always horny girl so they do the same :P

• People use it for both, but it's more for hookups cause well, it's judging on looks

• I think 50% of the girls are just there for "lolling"but I never used tinder so I don't know

• I use it for both, so I don't really care.

• That's wishful thinking... tinder is purely about getting laid

• Tinder is like easiest app ever to get laid

• aaaaand that's why i have to download it

• As all i know just for sex use it people usually but maybe some of them for dating who knows

• I dont take girls on dating apps seriously so sex it is

• hooking up, even an ugly guy like me got laid on that once, proud of myself ha ha

• I use Tinder for relationships.

• I honestly use tinder to find Sexy chicks ;D

• That's because you are lol! But no I wouldn't date a dude on there. They're all degenerate fucks lol

• that s because I am what?

• but I am not xD
      egh I am gonna delete that account haha

• It's for sluts. So yes. They will think you're a slut.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 24

• People do use it for dating but you'll have to wade through a lot of dudes who are just trying to fuck you.

I met up with a couple of guys off of it when I was single and they were nice. I'd recommend being upfront about what you're looking for as soon as you match and chat with a guy for a bit before agreeing to meet... I don't mean chat every day for like a week, but spend an evening or two messaging each other and figuring out who he is a bit.

• It seems like it's more for ego boosts than anything else lol.

But yes, I have a few friends who met guys on Tinder that they got in a relationship with and dated for a while. Usually if they meet with anyone it's more of a casual thing though, even if they go out on dates and stuff.

• I would say it is initially interpreted that if you are on there you are looking for a hookup. You could always say you're on there to talk to people and be social but I think that friendships and serious relationships are not the #1 goal of tinder...

• I think the assumption is that guy are mostly using it for sex, but women are open to legitimate relationships. Not saying that's true, just how most people see it I think.

• It has become an app used for one night stands but I have a few friends who met their long term boyfriends on their. I guess it just depends on luck and actually matching yourself with someone who is looking for the same things you are.

• lol, i wouldn't say it's for anyone who's looking for something legit.

• Never used it but it sounds like most just use it for quickies, some people might use it for actual dating.

• 98% is for hookups, but there are a few strange 2% people who are on there for relationships

• Since you're attractive, you will receive tons messages from various type of dudes. There are some cool guys there. I've never use it but every social apps are occupied by perverts so the nice ones are overshadowed by them.

• A bit of both. Mostly hookups but finding someone more serious is not unheard of. So one night stands, friends with benefits, significant others. It depends on the person. Most will let you know in their bio or as soon as they message you.

• No, its whatever you want it to be. Some are there for hooking up, short term dating, long term dating or just meeting new people. You just have to make it clear what your intentions are.

• I have two friends that use it for dating. It only works for one of them though. The other one says that all the guys want on there is sex

• i use it for dating and i know a lot of other people that do too. i think it depends a lot on your area. I put on my profile "not looking to hook up" so that weeds out some

• hahaha well I deleted it in the end as the guys got weird... oh and I saw my ex there. haha

• Lol had the app once just for lols too!😊 it's just for sex.

• I've heard of some people using it for dating but I assumed it was a hookup app

• It can be used for dating, but you have to be very upfront about it.

• You can try and use it for dating. But you'll be swimming against the current

• People use it for both. And if you're cute enough you'll get offers for both.

• I think it depends on where you live

• Hookups. And shitty flings

• People usually use it for hookups but only some people use it for dating. Relationships did happen between people who met through tinder. It first started out as a hookup and then turned into a relationship.

• It's nothing but the thirsty guys and weirdos.

• I always thought it was just a hook up app. I don't have it, but the friends and people I know that use it, just use it for casual sex and not relationships.