Is there someone you don't think you will ever be completely over?

Years can go by or have gone by and there's still that person you think of...

Details.
The one that got away?
An old flame?
or
Time heals all and you can get over anyone

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• "Time heals all wounds" is horseshit. That's like getting into an accident, becoming a quadriplegic and having you limbs amputated and then someone meets you and says "Walk it off! Get back in the saddle! You'll be on Dancing With The Stars next year!"

Sometimes parts of the soul get amputated too.

• Not really, feelings fade for a lot of people. While physical injuries are physical and limited by science/money instead of emotions.

• It's only bs or hs if you choose not to move on.

When you decide to move on... If it's not too late, (as in you can still live for a couple of years.. Not dying tomorrow or next week type of thing) you can certainly get over anything that once meant so much...

Live in the present don't stay stuck in the oast!! Or you'll have this type of mentality...😉!!

It's like people who break up, and the. Only reminisce on the good times and good things about their ex... Only makes one miss them more... becoming even more miserable lol... You can't do that to yourself... Be smart... If you know things will never again work out between someone, if you're going to remember them or think I them... Write down all the bad things and experiences you had with such person and it's a big help to yourself!! But most people are stupid and only think of the awesome glory days they shared together. That's the dumbest thing to do when you know you will never be with at person again...

• Have you ever considered walking it off.

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have a friend who I had a crush on and was really upset when we stopped talking and would think of him pretty much everyday but then after a year or two I didn't really think of him anymore and still don't. It's rare I do really.

I also have another guy friend I still contact now and again and used to have a very slight crush on but not enough to go out with him. I used to look up to him a lot (and still do) and would miss him greatly but now I don't really get that so much anymore, although I do still think he's cool, that crush isn't really there anymore and I don't think of him anywhere near as much.

My ex bf's? No, don't really think of them much either. Don't miss them. Don't want them back.

I have doubts now and again about my current boyfriend and was thinking of it this morning but realised I didn't want to break up because I still really like him and this COULD be fixed if he just puts some more effort into the relationship. I feel like if I let him go now I will regret it and still like him. If we did break up, I could be wrong but I'm not sure if my feelings for him will ever completely go - Though I didn't admit it to myself at the time since the age gap just seemed wrong, I liked him since the first time I ever saw him when he was 12 and I was 14. I didn't admit it to myself at the time since 12 and 14 year old together just seemed wrong but I'd be lying if I denied finding him attractive even back then.

I liked him then, I liked him when he was 13 and I was 15, when he was 14 and I was 16, I liked him even more when we became best friends last year and I realised how sweet he was when he was 16 and I was 18 and I still like him now he's 17 (18 next month) and I'm 19.

I don't know if I will ever stop liking him completely. I could be wrong, I don't know.. But even when I am having doubts and when he annoys me I still like him and don't want to break up, I want to work things out.

I don't want no one else right now.

What Guys Said 43

• Every lover that comes and goes, is another opportunity to put one more chapter of one's life into some context and derive meaning. Why squander this?

I don't so much "move on" or forget; as I merely accept that it was not meant to be.

Carly is making herself scarce today. No doubt, she has always had her demons, long before I even knew her. It's her war. She may have done me a favor by keeping me out.

Emily lost her battle, tragically. I can only hope that from beyond the grave, she has finally found the peace she always sought but could never find in this life.

I have come to accept that Merre and I will never be a thing. I only hope that regardless the outcome of her mother's heart surgery, she will finally find the resolve to reclaim her life from the accident that took everything from her a decade ago. It has to be her war to win. I cannot fight it for her; as much as I hate to be a useless bystander.

Angelica seems to be warming up to me; but she too has her own battles to fight that I cannot fight for her. She has my support, even if I don't like her every decision.

Dana, Lisa, and Jess... are of the devil. I have been forced to concede their place, and forfeit my own efforts to change their impending outcomes.

Ashley was a fool; and a dangerous one. She promised me more than any other, and took from me more than any other. And made enemies for herself everywhere. She serves me now as a reminder never to lose heart, nor to let my guard down completely.

Shantal was garbage. It took me 20 years to accept it. But I found peace in that acceptance. Though, I regret that she could not have chosen another way. I wanted badly to believe in her. Too much. Even with all her problems in court, I wanted to believe the best.

Natasha was foolish. I already knew this when I knew her; but I finally forced myself to accept a few years back that she would never treasure me as I treasured her. She was simply too shallow and too incapable. I expected too much from her, willfully ignoring that her upbringing instilled in her very few of the tools she would need to make better decisions.

Cambry may have wounded my pride with her hasty rejection; but I would still come to her aid in a heartbeat if she were ever in trouble.

• Right now I'm in the process of getting over the first girl I ever had a relationship with. Its been a couple months and it feels like I'll never be over her. I liked her so much but she just stopped contacting me. Nothing went wrong she just stopped. I've tried to contact her but she won't reply. Besides the fact that she was my first relationship, I feel she may be harder to get over because I don't know why I'm not with her anymore and unless I get an explanation I'll always wonder if I did something to screw it up.

• Two women.
    One was my first serious girlfriend, who, when I was 21, broke my heart so comprehensively that I am still not over it.
    The other was a woman whom I dated about a year later. It did not work out, largely because I was still a mess.
    I still think of her and what might have been.

• There was one that ended badly so time healed that one - There are a couple of long term attractions that have stayed with me for nearly 20 years but circumstances were never right but they are not overriding drivers in my life so probably my choice would be between both options.

• The first girl I ever dated. I had a massive crush on her since 6th grade and finally convinced her to go out with me during sophomore year of high school. I met her family, went to malls and Great America with her, etc. It was the funniest period of my life. But then we just... drifted. And have not seen each other in years. We still communicate on social media, but whatever romance was there is long gone. Besides, we live miles apart now due to college. But I still had flowers delivered to her house when her father died. He was a good man. It would be a lie if I did not admit that I am saddened whenever I see her with a new boyfriend. She is the one who got away. Whenever I envision myself married with a family in say 10 years, it is with her.

• The girl who took my virginity actually. The relationship ended without closure so I never really got over it.

• Not really, and when I think about them I just ask myself "would I be where I am today if I was still with them?" And the answer is always "Nope!" So I just walk it off. No point eating my soul away wondering what life would have been like if I had just done this instead of that.

• Yes. And the worst part is she was such a lying cunt too. You'd think I could let go of her easier than that.

• Damn... What she lie about

• @Hateguysplay1 a lot. About her feelings for me, about how much she cared/committed to me. Me being there to help her past her abusive ex, her depression, and her brother dying was apparently not enough to keep her faithful.

• You may think of hem, but you won't feel the same, especially if you find someone new. You may always have a tiny crush on them if nothing happened, but that's normal

• Time heals all and you can get over anyone.

I got over breaking up with my first love, but she and I are still really great friends!

I'm finally done with the breaking up with my second love. She cheated on me and she has a baby boy. He's such a cutie but the guy she is with stole my high school sweetheart!

• You can get over anyone if you find the right person to replace them.

• just gotta learn to let things go! Why else did they play the frozen theme song every time you step out of your house a few years back!

• A girl I've been in love with for 5 years in high school, in my same class.
    I never had the courage to ask her out, although she has always given me good signs. It sucks to be shy and introvert.

• Yeah, my highschool crush. Even after HS I still find myself thinking about her here and there. I think the feels for her will never fade, eventhough she gave me the cold shoulder when i messaged her on FB.

Kat was the best ✌

• there´s that one girl, i´ve been obsessively crushing on for 5-6 years. i´d still say yes to her in a blick of an eye... she chose my best friend over me though.

• Jesus. You will heal. Hopefully

• U know only her?

• @Hateguysplay1 well no xD but i´ve always been single... so i can´t really enjoy that all that much anymore.

• The girl I loved more than any other cheated on me. Id never go back with her but I can't stop myself from still thinking about her.

• I don't lament over things. So once it's done I get over it.

No point in wasting energy over things that ya can't change.

• My ideal woman doesn't have to be a Sophia Vergara or anything like that. I want her to like the same things I like. I want her to like me for me. Provided she's not a golddigger, materialistic, superficial, immature, disingenuous, suffering from daddy issues, suffering from a major sugar imbalance, suffering from severe social anxiety, or suffering from bipolar disorder. Any of those traits on a woman, I can't tolerate.

• Not really, I mean I think of this girl that got away, but not in that way. I just wonder how she's doing and stuff.

• My Ex.. she was the one for me... to bad she didn't feel the same.

• One day I would've answered 'yes'. But I've found that the feelings I've ever had for anyone pale in complete insignificance to the next time I fall in love. And love just keeps getting stronger. It doesn't matter how hung up on someone you are, when you find someone else who invokes that feeling of love within you, you realise that you wasted a lot of time pining for someone who you never truly loved anyway.

• ex friends i tried to forgive
    now new ex crush that was a lot into me before i screwed up. really my type
    i need to heal this feeling of unwhortyness otherwise i'll feel like shit most of the time and tired of it

• No I get over some shit pretty quickly actually, maybe not the best but it makes life easier.

• To live too jaded in advance, is to not live at all.

• @ObscuredBeyond Nothing to do with being jaded, unless you're referring to the actual act of breaking up. I guess in that case sure, I don't see how easily getting over shit is a bad way to live though. I'm into relationships as much as anyone else, just 'jaded' in regards to breaking things off.

• The loss of the Empire.

• many things :)

• You never forget your first crush.

• Yea, the one I was in love with. I still love her.
    I want to meet someone else to make me forget about her, but I can't even get into a relationship because apparently I'm the worst person in the world, so likely I'll never truly get over it.

• I've gotten over everyone I fancied. Surprisingly easy for some reason...

• I learn about myself after each relationship

• I think quite a few, for unique reasons..

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 43

• I think if something were to happen with me and my current partner I would have a very hard time getting past it, as we are building a life together and going at life under the assumption this relationship is permanent. I think that would be a big challenge to move on from because it's not just losing someone I love dearly, but losing everything I've envisioned, planned for, and assumed about my entire future.

Eventually I'd pick up the pieces and make myself whole again, but it would take a lot of time.

Humans are a resilient species tho. Even when it doesn't feel like it, we can get over almost anything, or at least move forward and be able to be whole again. Even people who's spouses die are able to find love again and build a new future with a new partner.

• I used to think so... But not anymore... Time and new lovely people can mend anything... And certainly make you get over past things.. No matter how strong the feelings were or how much it hurt when it was over... All you need is enough time! .. How long is that? It varies from person to person... Some may need years while other need days... And with the right person beside you it's even faster. ... But if you live in the past and are stubborn to stay there... Then it's not that you can't or that you won't be able to get over the person... It's simply that you CHOOSE to not get over them so you live stuck in the past...

• Unfortunately yes. I don't think I will ever fully get over the ex that I lost my virginity to. I'm over him but I still think about him sometimes. Not really missing him just missing the fun memories. He was a jerk most of the time so I know I'm better off without him lol

• i have this ex. who's a total jerk in many ways, but i can't get over him at all. i always remember the way he makes me laugh and makes my heart beat fast. no other guy made me feel that way. even though i respect myself enough to let go, i can't forget him. a part of me will always love him

• Dear gosh... Eh I had this thought in high school but it's been year I forgot the guy made me cry my eyes out n lose 20 pounds. He is now far as a burger n fries Xl n that's the truth

• It's been years since high school and he is fat

• I guess... but not in a sense where I can't move on or I still have feelings for him, but if I see him I still feel a bit of something there... ya know... But nothing that's serious or relationship potential again. Like a nostalgia really.
    youngadventuress.com/.../...db5c3cd7885b4ddcec.jpg

• The man I fell for as a teenager and later lost my virginity to was murdered. We had a complicated relationship, but there was a lot of love. His birthday was last week, and I still cried even though it's been years and years. I am very happy with who I ended up marrying, but my first love will always hold a special place in my heart, and I sometimes wonder what might have been.

• i once thought i'd never get over this one guy.
    it took me almost 10 years, but i did eventually get over it.

these days, he's just another person from my past.

• My first boyfriend will always hold a special place in my heart, even though I know we could never be a couple again. He has also been one of my best friends since we were both 7 years old, and we are still very close. I would love for things to have worked out, but we just weren't meant for each other that way.

• Im still pissed at this guy who became my bff for 2 years only because he found me attractive , I was lonely and bullied a lot, and then after, he got bored of me and left me for a new "bff" that had giant tiddies. Im so FUCKING PISSED. I remember having to walk alone home again after school while he decided to go home with this new girl, and after that he never came in contact with me again repeatedly after ghosting me because he got bored, I was so hurt. She was UGLY TOO AND SOUNDED LIKE A DONKEY. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. And I'm never ever being friends with dudes again or even try to have a relationship, he ruined it for me.

• Bah... I suppose I'm not even immune. Yeah, there is.

• I thought I had a guy that I couldn't get over but I got over him after about 5 months. it was long and hard but now I know that it doesn't matter who the person is if I made it through that break up I'll make it through the next. The downside of that is that I don't value connections anymore.

• No. I've only been in 2 relationships. One lasted 4 months and one with my current boyfriend that's been almost 4 years. So no, I don't have an one that got away. But if my boyfriend now and I were to ever end, he would probably be that for me. But hopefully that never happens

• One man.

I cried myself to sleep every single night. I lost all sense of emotions. Was numb for months. While I am pretty sure he was sleeping peacefully.

But then I met another man who brought life into me. Hence I am internal grateful for him :)

• My friend I love. He doesn't love me back and it's been almost 3 months since I saw him. Still think about him, and still making plans to see him again because we're still friends

• Two people, unfortunately. The guy I lost my virginity to and the last guy I developed feelings for.

• Yes. I still love him and I always will.

• Time heals all.
    I've had a lot of shitty experiences with guys but I've accepted that they're just not right for me. And so I've gotten over them.

I believe that the next one is always gonna be better, because I am growing as a person :)

• Nooope, what's in the past stays in the past. And I don't like to depend on people or let them hold me back sooo nope ^^

• I clicked no, but then automatically thought of 3 people.

• There were three guys in my entire life where I felt that way and it was because of how I was feeling in the moment. But I got over all of them fairly quickly, so I don't trust my feelings 😂😂😂😂♊ now I wish they would stop randomly hitting me up.

• I uses to feel that way about certain people. And now that it's been years since them and a few people after... I look back and I don't even know how I felt that way. Bit I so know I don't any more.

So when someone does say they will love me forever and never get over me... I assure the ita not true lol

• I've already gotten over them.

• Most people will probably never fully be over someone they once loved... whether it be a romantic partner, a parent, sibling, child, friend, other relative, etc.

• No I think time heals all wounds.

There might be a special place for them, but if it didn't work out than you might wanna look at it differently

• Nope haven't met the person who will break my heart yet Lol... I don't really get emotionally attached to partners.

• Nope nope nope.
    I can easily forget them.
    I have my own magic words for that 🌌

• Oh there's definitely 2 of them for me

• An old flame

• maybe...

• It depends on the person and the quality of time you had been with that person.

• More from Girls
    13