Why does it matter so much as to who approaches who?

I don't get the big deal people make over this on here. If you like someone you approach them, whether your a male or female, it's not just one genders job.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly? The traditional role (think Jane Austen) women were humble, we stayed at home and raised the kids and our husbands did politics and jobs and had a life. We were essentially child bearing dolls.

Jane Austen and the likes have romancised it. It's only now really the younger generation (who are the most independent in my view) are questioning this.

Don't get me wrong. I asked both my boyfriends out. But I still believe the big question should be down to the dude.

• I agree with you haha. It's just that I saw a few myTakes by men trying to explain why only women should approach us which I think is wrong.

• I believe anyone should approach each other's. However, marriage is still something more cautiously approached by men than women (after all, it's changed from asset management to divorce favouring women). Hence my belief should be on the man asking. He has the most to potentially lose and also, most girls dream of being asked to marry someone.

• I agree with you 100% :)

Most Helpful Guy

• 'Ideally' it shouldn't matter, but women don't really HAVE to do it because they get asked out so often, and can take their pick of the litter.

What Girls Said 9

• When that magnetic attraction is there -- that irresistible, unmistakable chemistry, without which life may as well be death -- the whole concept of an "approach" is honestly kind of redundant.

Because as soon as yr eyes meet... it's ON.

The rest is just details... dance steps, if you will.
    Story's already written before you even take the first step toward each other.

• It doesn't matter, and anyone who does think it matters needs to grow the fuck up lol

If you like someone, ask them out.

• Aiiiii someone who gets me

• It doesn't matter. It's whoever's brave enough to do it first

• THIS❤️

• I did'nt even see you at first. , but that was a cute answer!!!

• It doesn't matter.

• Lol it's just awkward for me to approach a guy. I like it when the man makes the first move that way I can know for sure he likes me.

• I don't think anyone is making a big deal over this. Except you...

• Not really, I've seen countless myTakes and posts about it

• Because if a woman approaches a man she seems desperate

What Guys Said 11

• Thats the general conseus on here already though? IRL is where girls really chicken out 😂

• I was talking about the myTake stating women or men solely should do the approaching

• It doesn't matter one way or another. I aproach and been approached many times and it's all good believe me

• Because feminists and shy guys make a fuss over it.

• I agree, I don't like gender rules.

• No not really

• Yeah agree

• Exactly. I think the concept that only guys can ask out should die out.

• how many people have you approached this year?

• it matters nothing, approaching should not be a job.

• Most girls are cowards

• Why do you believe most girls are cowards?

• Just gonna throw this out there...

I've had two relationships. Both, I asked the man out. Sorry I don't fit your generalisation but I know quite a few women like me.

• @Hidden_P I didn't say all women. I said most women. At least 70%, but not all. I can respect a woman who doesn't pawn it off on the man by default.

• A girl isn't going to approach when she has tons of offers. She'll just play the waiting game. Like 99 percent of guys don't have that luxury.