Would girls ever consider dating a poor guy?

regardless of how one got there. whether it was through student loans, or bad investments. would women ever even give you a chance if you are poor.

Most Helpful Girl

• This past year, I dated a relatively "poor" guy, and it would turn out to be my first long-term relationship. When I first met him, he told me that he didn't have a car and was not working at that point, but then as the relationship progressed three months later, I helped him look for a job and take him to and from the job. Once he began working more, we were able to go out more. Since the job was temporary, he was once again unemployed for about a month. So we'd just stay indoors and play video games. This didn't bother me since I enjoyed his company and loved him for him. Also, there are tons of things to do despite not having the funds to go all out. He was able to find another job, and then we were able to go out more. The experience was eye-opening for me because it taught me how to live with less and how to enjoy each other's company. I would prefer a humble guy over an arrogant one any day.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a good question. However I think to women, more then the financial status of the guy what matters to a woman is the morals, values and the personality that a guy has.

What Girls Said 15

• yes, though it really depends on why he's poor.

for something like student loans (smart debt) or things out of his control (layoffs, illness, etc.), then sure. but if it's because he gambled it away or knowingly made poor decisions, it tells me that he's irresponsible~ not something i'd want in a life partner.

I made poor decisions. . . I went to college. Worst decision ever. $28,000 in debt and didn't get a job in the field my degree was for.
      Most women I've encountered say they would date a poor guy.
      In reality, when I am meet someone I'm attracted to and getting along very well and hitting it off talking online, once they find out I'm poor, they're done talking to me. Every. Single. Time.

@AynonOMouse just out of curiosity, what did you study?

we all make shite decisions; it's in our nature, as human beings. that said, i meant "poor decisions" in the sense of things like buying a new tv or drinking yourself blind when the money should have gone to rent/mortgage/food/etc. or buying lottery tickets to "win big" instead of getting a job... that sort of thing.

I got a degree in Criminal Justice to work in a Correctional Facility. I graduated with honors, the highest in my class. They were hiring too at the time in that field, though the school actually lied about having job placement connections when I enrolled (SJVC) I scored higher than everyone on the written exam for the jobs I applied for and scored max on the physical exams too. (I'm 6 feet tall & lifted weights since I was 5 so the cell extractions and body drag performance exams were really easy for me) That is one of only 2 decisions I've made in life that I regret. I work, but only part time. It wouldn't help to work full time because then I'd have to pay my loans & for health care. I make decent $ per hour, but can't work over 5 1/2 hours per day or they'd take $500 per month from me.
      Anyways, I don't do drugs (including 420 either), smoke, or drink alcohol at all. And I want someone that also doesn't do that stuff, so that eliminates many people from consideration right there.

• I wouldn't actively pursue someone in a situation like that because that's completely irresponsible. However, if my partner were to fall in a rut and things went south I'd stick by his side. I'd help him find a job, I'd be his emotional support and I'd keep him motivated. If the love of my life fell on hard times I'd be his cheerleader then more than ever. That's when he needs me the most!

• how so irresponsible? what if its a medical issue? would you ask what caused of poverty was? do you ask guys who flirt/ask you out how much they make? how much they have in the bank so it is really important for them.

• Lol no, when my boyfriend became my boyfriend he didn't have a job. In fact I'm the one who helped him get a job at the place I work. We're both young so none of those things are important. I'm going to school for nursing, a man's money is nothing of my interest but I'm not going to be with someone without any ambition or drive either.

By irresponsible I mean it's irresponsible to actively pursue someone who you know is broke and jobless. Their focus should be on getting their life together not going on dates. A person who would pursue someone in a situation like that is selfish in my eyes. It shows a complete disregard for that person's situation and means they're only pursuing their own interests and care nothing about the well being of the other person. If you truly care about the person then your goal is to help them get on their feet not going on dates.

• Of course they would. I live in poverty and honestly, only ever hear white people talking about money in relationships as if it's an issue. Or I should say more affluent people. And online. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "he is too poor, I can't date him" in my life.

Like that whole "living with his parents" thing is not really an issue in the hood lol I'll tell you that much.

• Yes cause I am going to be rich one day and I can afford both of us.
    Love is destined to death in poorness.

• so you only would do it once you are rich

• Not rich but when I have enough money for everything I want and when he has enough money for things that he wants.

• prefer poor over rich. their heads aren't blown out of proportion and they are more down to earth in my experience

• I don't give a shit. As long as you are a good person I don't care. Money isn't all in life (:

• It is not about money ;)

• I would

• Depends on the age bracket and job. Under 30, yes over no.

• If he's a responsible person and I like him, sure

• sure!

• No, I don't date broke guys.

• Considering how many poor people are in relationships, or how many kids grow up in poverty through having poor parents, I think it's safe to say people would.

• so you think its more because not everyone can have the rich guys, or that they dont mind poverty as much

• Well I think everybody would prefer to have more money generally, but when it comes to a partner, it's not essential and wouldn't put most women off a guy. I think most people are happy enough just being comfortable and being able to eat and pay the bills, and some people can deal with the struggle when the bills come in and you're left scrapping the barrel to pay everything. Money worries are just usually part of life anyway, everybody has it at some point.
      Yea there are women who use guys for money, but it's no different to say guys who use girls for sex- there are assholes out there who will use anybody they come across, we just all have to try and avoid them and spot the signs early on.

• A woman who is a gold-digger will. Not all woman view a guy having little money as a deal- breaker.

What Guys Said 5

• how about no chance in hell
    women by nature love apperances you know nice care a lot of jewlery...
    scientist proved that there is a relationship between women libido and how much stuff you give her :p

ps :p :p :p :p :p

• I'm pretty much a broke college student and have plenty of people interested

• They'll all lie and say they would.

• i dont think they would

• Sure, but you have to be super good looking I'm sure.