Is it polite or overbearing to return gesture?

Recently, I went out with this new guy who had returned from Comic-Con and at the end of the date gave me a really cute fangirl box he picked up for me. I thought it was really nice how he thought about me and was wondering if I should return the gesture or just leave it be? We planned a second date this week and he mentioned the movies, and I have some movie tickets that I won. Should I offer a movie ticket to him as a way of saying thanks or would that seem like I'm trying too hard? Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• I think better is just let him know how much you appreciated that fangirl box specifically, but it's a pretty good idea to offer those movie tickets you won for the next date (not as a way of saying "thanks" for the box, but just because it's convenient that you have some movie tickets). Put another way, don't offer the tickets as a way of "thanks", just expressing your appreciation for that box is going to make him feel happier, but do offer the tickets.

• Okay, this is exactly what I needed to know. I was wondering whether or not to mention that I was offering it as a thank you for the fangirl box. I agree. I will just offer the tickets just because they're available for use. Thanks, great advice!

• Cheers. Just imagine when you give a gift to someone. The ideal response is not an exchange but just one of great appreciation.

• True. You think you know all of these things, but once it comes to the opposite sex, you argue back and forth about what to do when it's so simple lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that's awesome. It's not like you're giving him a car or anything that would scream, woah, too much too soon, but some FREE movie tickets you won are great. Who the heck wouldn't like that. If it bothers you, just don't make a big deal out of it, just say, hey got some movie tickets, do you want to come. That's it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Just do want you want to do and don't over think it. If you're not being genuine in the dating process then your relationship is going to fail because you've been pretending to be someone you're not.

• No, that sounds like a great idea. There's nothing wrong with that at all. He'll probably appreciate it.

• No I think it's a great gesture, especially if you really like him. Good 2nd date!!

• Ok thanks! I was a little worried that if I offered the tickets, he'd expect me to pay or go 50-50 from now on. But yeah, I went ahead and told him about the tickets and he seemed cool with it :)

• Cool!! Yea I thought it was ok! Hope y'all have a great time! He shouldn't think that you'll pay for everything after this. Did you tell him you won the tickets?

• Haha ok, yeah I told him I did :)