How can you tell whether it's a good idea to kiss a guy at the end of a date or not?

I have much trouble figuring out at the end of a date wether I should make a move and kiss the guy, or just smile and part ways. I usually do the latter because I have trouble reading other people's thoughts and feelings. I'm asking this for first dates.

Well the date happened and went way better than I would ever expect. I was so high strung worried on how I would end this date that he asked me why I seemed so nervous when he actually kissed me. Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Just dont be afraid to show him your attracted to him. Everything else will fall in place

What Guys Said 17

• Unless he is a Player type, most guys won't try to kiss on the first date, because of all the social stigmas and it being too 'suggestive' or 'forward'.
    As a woman, if you had a REALLY good time, with him, and REALLY want to see him again, DEFINITELY kiss him!! YOU, purposely, KISSING him in a way that he KNOWS you want to see him again!!
    No tongue, or anything erotic, just a lip to lip, soft, sensual kiss, then a loud SIGH (That is important to get him interested-like you want more, but you are a 'good girl') then walk away.
    Turn back, and smile, seductively, and say goodnight, as you close the door, and he is yours!

• A long, long time ago, I started noticing something and I turned that into a dating rule for myself.

What I noticed was, whatever physical was going on by the second date (which may have started on the 1st), there was never anything more no matter how many more dates there were. If we were going to just hold hands, if we weren't by the 2nd date, we would never. If we weren't kissing by the second date, we would never. If we weren't having sex by the second date, we would never.

The reason seems to be that there is chemistry or not. It is either yes or no, there is none of this warming up or anything in between.

I took that data and came up with a rule, if we were not having sex by the second date, I wouldn't bother with a third. Since I came up with that, about 1/3rd of the time, there is sex on the first, about 1/3rd on the second, and the other 1/3rd don't get to a third date (not usually past the first).

So, I would say that if you like each other, that you should be having sex on the first date, or at least talk about it for the second.

• I had this dilemma as well. I'm sure she wanted me to kiss her because she kind of just stood their at her front door, but I just hugged her instead, the problem is this was date number two and I'm sure she was expecting it by now. I think you could give him a soft kiss on the cheek if it looks like he's not going to do anything.

• Hi,
    There are kisses and kisses. A chaste kiss on the cheek should be fine in most circumstances, whereas a full on kiss should only be considered after a couple of dates/ meetings.
    I have found that if the guy leans in two thirds of the way, then waits for the girl to come the other third is about right.
    That way it is all up to the girl feeling comfortable with it.

• The signs are there, you just have to look. ;)

• If you want to kiss him, just do it. He's probably wondering the same thing -- should I kiss her?

• Did you have a good time? Do you want to kiss him?

If the answer to both is yes, then go for it!

• Depends if the date went very well, lean in for a kiss. If not, let him decide.

• If you want to see him again, and you think he feels the same, go for it.

• It's just a kiss

• it just depends if you feel safe and conmfortable about it

• Our Song is the way you/he laughs! The first date, man I didn't kiss her/him and I should have.

If it was the first date, I wouldn't kiss her good night. But I would see her to the door and ask if she had a nice time and shake her hand. That's the polite thing to do on the first date. Wait till you're engaged for kissing.

• Read the body language if they were touching u a good amount of the date then go for it

• Is he shy or what?

• Yeah, really quiet guy.

• Ahh. Guess he won't be initiating it then haha. I dunno I wouldn't mind if any girls I've went on dates with gave me a kiss at the end.

• If he bought you a steak you better give him a kiss.

• Maybe wait for him to make the first move?

• Just go for it if it feels righy

What Girls Said 6

• I think traditionally, it is up to the guy to see whether or not kissing is appropriate at the end of the date. Personally, I went on a first date with a guy and at the end of the night, he decided to give me a quick peck when he walked me back to my car, and then a series of pecks before we departed. The way he kissed me made me think he was unsure if it was ok with me. But we had a great time and so I guess it was just fitting to end the date with a kiss. If he doesn't kiss you on the first date, and you don't want to risk scaring him off, then just wait for him to make a move on the second/third date. Receiving a second and third date kiss rather than on the first is completely normal.

• If you're getting vibes then you just got to ask him how he thought the date went. If he says it was really good, ask if he'd like to see you again. If he says yes, then ask if he'd like a kiss from you.

None of this fannying about wondering if he's interested and trying to read his thoughts. He can't read your thoughts either so it's just easier and less painful for everyone.. Good luck!!

• Body language.. If he actually enjoyed himself.. Nice lips

• Let the guy kiss you first, its traditional

• Kiss or not kiss is irrelevant if the guy lieks you or not. I made out with a guy on the first date cause he was the one who wante to made out with me, he initiated the kissing, and I enjoyed it a lot. We een talked weeks later about going out again and had started to made some plans, but all that failed, the guy turned out to be a jerk and I was pissed and sad at the same time, he gave me signs he liked me I just followed but the guy never intented to go forward with me wth more dates.

• Let him do it, trust me