Are you afraid to go on a date with someone you're unattracted to?

what's the point of a date?🤔 I thought the point of a date was to get to know eachother more on a deeper level, weather or not that level is intimate or not is completely up to you!😌😊

lets do a scenario, lets someone suddenly becomes attracted to you, let's also say you're not attracted to this person intimately but they are a really nice and sweet and understanding,
would you lie or deny them if they asked to spend time with you onFriday night or Saturday? And my question is... Why say no? What's there to lose? There's no law that says you have to have sex or kiss or any other kind of intimate/sexual behavior. Would you say no cuz you just don't like their face?🤔 So are you the type of person that will say no to going on a date with the other person because they're not a male/femfle model or somthing?😒

Food for thought

• I'd go on a date with someone not so attractive, it's just a date, no big deal
  • go on a date with someone
  • I've already done that, no big deal

Most Helpful Girl

• I've done it, and honestly it was pointless because he became even more attracted to me and I had no real attraction to him so he ended up getting his feelings hurt.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a big deal.

I did that sometimes by accident because I asked the girl out when I was really drunk and she seemed attractive to me then.

Then I met them on the date days after when sober and sometimes I'm like, "Wow, what was I thinking?" Anyway, no big deal, date can still be fun.

>> Why say no? What's there to lose?

Money and time that could be spent towards a girl I'm actually sexually attracted towards. Plus I don't want to inadvertently hurt the girl by agreeing to date her and there make her feel like she was strung along.

If I know in advance she's not attractive to me, I'm gonna say "no" for both my sake and hers.

If I find myself in such a situation by accident, not such a big deal. I just make the date really friendly and focus on fun without intimacy or passion.

• [...] by agreeing to date her and there [/then] make her feel like she was strung along.

• >> because they're not a male/femfle model or somthing?

She doesn't have to be a model. Only time I found myself in a situation where I was on a date with a girl I wasn't physically attracted to at all was when the process of sobering up seemed to add like 30 pounds on her or made her 10 years older than I thought she was when drunk.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't forever or for never.
    I hate when people say "it's just a date". That's not the type of person I am.

If I can't see myself with you, for whatever reason, I'd rather not waste either of our times or get your hopes up unnecessarily.

So no, I'd never do that as it's pointless and I take relationships, dating, and people seriously.

• *date.
      Date not don't

• You probably thought I was a weirdo

• Lol I don't think you're weird. And I LOVE cats. :)

That's another one thing I guess, a guy who loves animals, especially cats, gets a huge bonus points in my book.

• I've been there and done that, wasn't physically attracted to any of them. But thought it was worth seeing what they were like personality wise. At least I gave them a chance.

• I just can't really get attracted to someone if i didn't feel it at first glance. and i am not talking about looks or physical attraction by saying first glance. But i am not scared to date either. I spend time with them to get to know them and let them know they are my friends rather than simply rejecting them. Gaining a friend is hard losing one is easy.

The only thing that happens to me if i date (not date but lets say spend time to get to know) someone i am unattracted to or someone i spend time with, i just get to know the person more and feel more friendly. And if i feel that friendly feeling they are generally my bros and i can't have incest. Lol.

• I wouldn't go on a date with someone I'm not attracted to because

A) no point
    B) I wouldn't want to lead them on

• A date is to get to know somebody you are attracted to, otherwise you are just going out with a friend. Big difference.

• It's a waste of time and money. It also leads the other person on.

• I don't see it as being a big deal unless you mess with them.

• I'd hang out with them but tell them I just see them as a friend

• No cause it's still an experience, seeing and meeting a new person. You could learn something. Maybe you hear a new perspective. It's just fun it's better than sitting at home alone.

• Why would I be afraid?

Id just never do it cause it's a waste Of time

• What's the point going more like. You need attraction too, not just a body... or we'd just be going on dates with any Tom dick or Harry that asked

• I've done that.

But then there's the risk of leading them on.

So either way, you're a bitch.

• I wouldn't do it. But if I just couldn't say no, I'd just act like it wasn't a date.

What Guys Said 4

• The poll options don't make any sense.

• I think I'd just go on a date with anyone. I don't really have much of a choice to be picky.

• My standards are pretty low. She would have to be one FUGLY for me to turn down pussy. But nothing more will ever come of it.

• Going on dates with someone you have already concluded you view as nothing more than a potential friend is leading them on.

You'd need to be very upfront first that it was only as friends.

My standards are quite a bit lower than 'need to be a model', but I do need to be attracted.