Girls who expect the man to pay for dates, what are you bringing to the table that women who pay for their own meals won't bring?

Most Helpful Guy

• They bring nothing... Which makes me bring nothing... so, we eat nothing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe that the person who initiates the date is the one who pays (Unless the other person went overboard with the spending, like the guy initiates the date and buys just a $5 meal, then the girl buys the most expensive meal.) If I ask a guy out, I'm inviting him to do something with me. I am asking him to enjoy himself with me. That shouldn't require him to pay since it wasn't his idea. And vice versa.

• EXACTY ... The only thing that changes this is attitude

• You say that, but that's exactly what happens. That's why it's such a big discussion topic. Most people don't talk about it until after the food is gone.

• @rjroy3 if I invite you to go with us , don't.. Worry we got cha... wether you can afford or not!!! If you decide not to.. Then that's ok too.!! Who ever intimates the invite pays the bill out of Curtisy!!! So. What is the big deal otherwise?

What Guys Said 12

• I'm willing to pay if it's settled beforehand but if I go on a date I only carry as much cash as I need. If she mentions she would like me to pay I'll bring enough cash for us both. If not she'd better bring her wallet. I also better be getting a next time if she makes me pay. I have had absolutely no good experiences when it comes willingly paying for dates. She will want to go to an expensive ass restaurant and then she orders the most expensive thing in the menu! I started taking my dates to places that are free or not very costly but thoughtful. If she can't appreciate that and she feels the need to be superficial and materialistic then she isn't worth my time.

• Don't get me wrong. I can afford it. I have a government salary. I'm not strapped for cash. But I stay in the green by saving money. Not spending it on useless material things for a relationship that might not even work.

• This. And also anyone who takes a date to an expensive restaurant early on in a relationship is setting themselves up for failure because what is she going to expect later on? What if it's her birthday or an anniversary? Going to need to take a helicopter to a private island? I'd take a girl to an expensive restaurant after we've been together for a while and it's a special occasion... And by then after doing what you've said, I'll know she's not materialistic because she's still with me after we've been on many dates that have been less expensive but thoughtful.

• I thought the one who ask the other person out will pay? I alway follow this rule. This work with party and other social gathering as well, If I invite people , then I will play the role of the host and pay unless we agree to share beforehand. This has nothing to do with gender equality in my opinion, just basic social etiquettes.

• 0|0
  • "80% of questions are statements"
    I like this, very good point! If I was dating a girl I wouldn't really care but we likely wouldn't eat out too much. Someone linked a pretty relevant video on if a girl doesn't unlock the guys door for him while he's walking around to his side she's not worth it haha. Shows she's not selfish.

• The problem with this debate, is that women always campaign on equality at work, in regards to pay, promotion and discrimination etc.

I'm in full support of this, however if a modern day women expects to be treated equal, she should take equal responsibility and take it in turns to pay for the man's meal occasionally.

In short, equal opportunities starts with paying for your own meal!

• I've normally gotten at least a bj in the car after paying for a first date meal. Sometimes full-on sex. A few of times sex had to wait til second date. In the post-feminism era we live in, women are so shocked at a man paying for dates that they feel obligated to repay with the only thing they have that a man would possibly want. Plus women my age are desperate to land a wallet and they know if they don't put out, we will next them immediately.

• A clear conscience after hitting it and quitting it.
    Hit it and split it?
    Fuck and chuck?
    Fuck and fly?

You get me.

• You ask me out... You pay or both... I ask you out , I pay or both... Ladies seriously !!!

• In a sense of "I eat what I can, because you're gonna pay"? Not much I hope.

• This, is a great question.

• They bring their vagina. Many of them have nothing else to offer.

What Girls Said 13

• The correct answer is "entitlement".

Now let's see if anyone comes close to being awkwardly honest.

• done. :D

• @Tarvold lol

I guess that's fair, on some level. If yr gna play the cold-resource-extraction game... ahha

although hopefully you're good enough in bed that she still wins the resource-extraction game by a score of 2 to 1 💋💋

• hahaha... regardless of whether that's true or not, that's the story that I'm telling myself anyway.

• I guess a different mindset and views which appeals to a certain type of guy.
    I hate to use the term allow, but my husband would not allow me to pay for any meals when we were dating. He knew I didn't have much money and he was in a much better place financially.
    It wasn't worth the fight honestly. Having to go back and fort with the "no I'll pay" crap I felt bad about it and always tried to choose the cheapest option because I knew he was paying.
    He just loves to spoil me. Thats the type of guy he is.
    He bought me my first laptop for Christmas and we had only been officially dating for two months (talking longer). He never made me feel like I had to repay him though. He loved me and wanted to give me somthing I needed. I still thought of ways to repay him though.

I'd say don't expect a guy to pay for you, but if he does don't feel bad about it. If I made the money he did at the time I would have down the same in return for him. It's not about what she can offer. You can't compare two girls by whether one pays for dinner or not.

• I grew up in a time where the guy paid for the date. I don't expect a fancy restaurant, but something better than fast food. There's a lot of family restaurants that have reasonable pricing and I definitely don't go for the most expensive thing on the menu either.

So you expect me to pay for the date and get up off some pussy at the end of the evening? Ain't gonna happen!

• I don't tend to expect this. I've learned to expect my best friend to pay for meals, but that's because he uses "you're company" when I'm down visiting him & the fact that he makes in about a week what I make in a month when he's visiting me. He does let me pay on occasion if we're eating someplace like Wendy's & I insist so I don't feel like I'm taking advantage of him. I think people need to find a solution that works for both where neither feels like they are being taken advantage of or taking advantage of the other.

• It's disrespectful to expect for the guy to pay. You should pay for your meal/drink and he should do the same. If not, one of you pays now and the other next time

• The opportunity to let the man treat me. I've met a lot of guys who like paying and it makes them feel good to treat their girlfriends. I don't usually expect a guy to pay for me but they usually do anyway.

• But if it's an *expectation*, then, wouldn't that satisfaction be removed, or at least made hollow?

I get that there are guys like this... but the whole point is that they like to be generous FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T FEEL ENTITLED to their generosity.

So, this one is actually a "W" in the column of the girls who are perfectly *willing* to pay for themselves -- and who might even expect to -- but who'd appreciate the gesture.

• Yeah I guess...

Considering how many men become absolutely *obsessed* with the sexual equivalent of that (= a woman who's "bitchy" in the bedroom and is mostly in it for her own pleasure), I guess I shouldn't be surprised lol.

• thats not the opportunity, it is a future investment to get pussy.
      so if u minus this thing then what are u bringing the table?

• Nothing really. It's just chivalry that the guy always pays for the meal.

• Actually no its not.

It only became customary because once upon a time women had no money. Because we couldnt hold jobs.

Now we have jobs and we have money.

Why shouldn't we pay for our own meals now that we have the means to?

• Well I always WANT to pay for her, but I'm out if she thinks I NEED to pay for her.

• Chivalry shouldn't die, yet girls can't just expect everything they have to be payed for by the male, I find that disrespectful. I invite I pay, he invites he pays, and sometimes we just pay for ourselves. So like whatever.

• Why shouldn't it die? What do men get from women in return?

• @Vsgsgs dude whatever.-. 😂😂 I dc anymore If it dies it dies if it doesn't oh well

• For me that is how he shows he is really interested with me. And I'm really used to it though I'm learning to also share recently.

• How do you show you are really interested in him? But as this question asked. What separates you from a woman who splits the bill?

• @Blueeyes81 I am willing to split spending when we go out. As i was saying for me it really doesn't matter if we spend money going out or not.

• @tyber1 spending time but NOT HAVING SEX, she indicated MY VAGINA IS SO PRECIOUSSSSS... SO IM SO SELF ENTITLED *CRY*

• They probably bring in their sense of entitlement and their sense of self worth (looks, personality and all other sorts of shit)

• I made this French guy paid $200 for the first date. LEL.

• Tu es française? Or you like making Fench people pay for things?

• any blowjobs? Nope.

• So you're a bigot?
      What color are you?
      Should you be treated poorly because of your color?

• Guys I've dated like to pay, so they pay. Especially for the first date. I find us going halves later on though, just not right at the start.

• I think it's wrong for a man or a women to expect or assume that someone they've just met should " foot" the entire bill. Both people should automatically pay their own way. It puts too much pressure on one person if he/she is expected to pay for two people. It's unfair.

I'd always pay for my share, but if the guy insisted he pay for me then I'd insist that I pay the next time