What questions should I ask that aren't boring?

So I'm 31 years old, and have been single for 3 years or so. I went on an online dating side a couple months back, and matched with a guy whom I've since met three times. We don't talk much, even out of all the topics in the world to talk about. I like him, and I think he likes me too.

So he asked me if he could call me this evening, which I agreed to, but thing is, I don't know what to say.
So that's where you come in. Can you help me come up with some great questions for when there is some awkward silence (I'm sure there will be some). Anything but the weather and politics

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• oh my god you are so cute! i could just hug the hell out of you.

I guess the obvious is what is it that you don't know about him that you are curious about? Did anything that you already talk about peak your interest, if so, you can ask him to go into further detail about that? What kind of stuff do you like that you might want to ask if he's interested in? What do you think he may be interested in that you might want to know more about?

these are all general options, but without knowing either of you two, it's hard to answer properly :/

What Guys Said 2

• What came first the chicken or the egg?

Why does glue never stick to the inside of the bottle?

How long was histories shortest war?
    A: 40 minutes

Do you view the universe as a sentient being or as a moral construct?

• Just be normal and let it flow- if it doesn't it might point to you two not being compatible

What Girls Said 1

• Just ask him questions you're interested in knowing. I never have a problem talking to someone I'm interested in cause I'm a very curious person.
    However, if conversation isn't flowing, most likely you don't have very good chemistry. Nothing you can do about that