Do you agree with this explanation on why women don't find nice guys attractive?

The real reason. Dating is based on value. People assign values to each other and how we perceive whether someone is on our level or higher is based on behavior, wealth, looks, social status; we do this with materialistic objects so why not people.
Do you agree with this explanation on why women don't find  nice guys attractive?Women are hypergamous meaning they only want to get with a man they deem better than them. When a nice guy meets a woman he often tends to use niceness to try and win her over and show to her that she is special but this does not translate to the female brain as such.

Before having sex a woman perceives a man doing nice things for her as him trying to bargain with her on why she should give him a chance. Obviously if your bargaining with someone the person who you come to has the higher ground and therefore higher perceived value. Thus, a woman in such situation will reject the nice guy advantage because hypergamy dictates you must be better than her to get those panties.

The only case this does not hold true is when there is such a large contrast in looks, social status, money in the man's favor that him being nice does not hit his chances with the woman. The reason for this is because he has enough self evident things in front of him that the woman perceives him to be of higher value to her and him being nice comes from a place of generosity rather than a place of sucking up the female's minds. Such men women often refer to as GOOD MEN.
Thus, the reason nice guys fail is because women perceive kind acts as a way of sucking up rather than actual being nice to them (this is before sex). After sex the woman has given her investment and if a man continues to be kind to her then she considers just that because she believes the man has gotten what he wanted from her yet still persist with kind gesture so he must really be a nice person to her.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Its not the only factor.

It's a factor.

Most 'nice guys' are trying to follow outdated dating models that came from a time where men had real power over women. Men didn't have to do all that much to demonstrate that power. Rather they needed to show they were benevolent with the power.

In the west, those days are gone, and doing too much seems subservient and needy.

What Girls Said 10

• here's the difference:

nice guy: smart, funny, charming, confident, etc., treats women as equals (i have one such man).

"nice" guy: a misogynist who would rather blame women for all of his problems than work on himself. also what i hear when i read posts like this.

are you sure you're not that same guy from last night who was getting mad about some "youtube comment"? also a blue anon, same age bracket, spewing drivel with no basis in fact... if you aren't him, it's a hell of a coincidence lol.

• Honestly,

most guys who say they're 'nice guys' aren't actually nice guys. It's easier to place blame on someone else because they're just not that into you. Confidence is what girls are attracted to. Girls don't want a yes man either. A lot of 'nice guys' that I've dated are yes men that aren't secure with themselves.

• I could give you a really long explanation and examples.

- Just not in the mood.

So, short version. Nah. I like nice guys. GENUINELY nice guys. Not the ones that pretend or do so with expectations of getting something in turn.

• I don't think nice guys exist. There was a recent mytake on "nice guy" vs "genuine guy" and I agreed with it. Nice guys are fake. They do try to be nice to win women. Genuine guys are who they are and that may not always be trying to swoon the woman or make her feel so good, but by treating her as an actual person, not some thing to win over.

• As much as I agree with that wholeheartedly, what if there was a woman who I considered nigh on perfect in my eyes, would I be considered a nice or genuine guy for only complimenting her, or what that be some kind of grey area?

• In my case, It is truly genuine, and I think she thinks it's genuine too, and would only call it BS to serve her own self deprecating humour and I don't think actually calls into question whether I genuinely believe it or am just trying to get into her trousers (I'm British deal with it) of which it is genuine, I love her. Would you consider me a 'genuine guy'

• @Pokiwar yeah I suppose so if your words are how you are and think

• "Nice" guys are generally guys who call women sluts for rejecting them. "Nice" guys aren't so nice most of the time

• I am Vera. I am italian. But I ain't dating no Mario, bruh.

• THE RESULTS O_O

• No one said nice girls aren't attractive. Enough with these ridiculous stereotypes you've watched on tween movies.

• Because men actually value kindness and it improves a woman's attractiveness to him. This isn't to say that someone completely repulsive will jump several points for being nice but most men will pick an average girl who is kind over a queen bitch who is hot. This cannot be said about women though.

There is an entire take dedicated to why nice girls don't have an entire hate campaign by the opposite gender for them.

• I like genuine nice guys, not the self-proclaimed ones that feel entitled because they are "so nice" but really aren't.

• its the same as a guy flirting. if we like the guy its cute if we don't its creepy.

What Guys Said 7

• #GoodToBeBad 😎😈

• The women are lying in this poll.

• Would introverted girls claim such a behaviour as well? Like they'd hardly talk to him yet want him to proceed in his attraction towards her?

• the thing is that many nice guys are doormats. nobody wants to date a doormat.

• It's a tad bit more complicated. Many good points though.

• Women don't like nice guys because they aren't nice people.

• I fully agree