Guys, when you start calling your girlfriend pet names (babe, sweetie, princess, inside joke names) does that mean you are unsure about how you feel bout her?

I read that in an article on line, and the guy claimed "all guys" knew that when they called their girlfriend sweetie it was b/c they were unsure about her.

The guy I'm dating has just started doing that after three months, being more and more intimate etc, so I did not feel like it was negative until reading that.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I use pet names for both p have gone out with and for people I like/love. I think it reinforces the relationship, not diminish it. I will use their actual name when just casually talking or talking seriously, but when we're being cute, pet names are the best!

Most Helpful Girl

• Where the fuck did you read that? Lol

Just the opposite dude... it means they're comfortable...

What Guys Said 1

• Nope. its just a sweet talk

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like a dumb article and a dumb guy who wrote it.

• Some guys just do that because it's how they roll. Most of the time they think it's romantic. The article sounds like it's not from a reliable source or the author misrepresented some information.

• I think it is just an endearing thing