Why do guys only want hookups from me?

Every guy I've ever met (from online dating apps/websites) only wants hookups from me and when I say no to hookups they'd just ignore me. At first they'd be nice, tell me I'm pretty and that they like me and then they ask for sex a week or 2 later and when I say I'm not ready yet they'd just leave and ignore me. So is it something I'm doing wrong where ALL guys only want hookups? Should I just give up on dating and be single forever? Which at this point I don't mind. I mean I'm definitely not looking for something super serious because I know I'm only 18 but I still want something real if that makes sense.

I'm not complaining or I'm not desperate or anything btw! I'm just wondering if that's normal or if there's something wrong with me

Most Helpful Guy

• you will have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince charming... sorry but thats how it works more often than not

• there is nothing wrong with you from what i can see, perhaps thats the problem. you look like a lot of 'fun' ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• welcome to online dating... or guys in general now days

• "nothing serious" and "real" don't go together

• No I mean I don't mind something serious but I'm just not looking to get married right now if that makes sense? Lol that's what I meant

• ohhhhh ok i understand what you mean

What Guys Said 11

• You're 18. However, there are guys out there who want something real. It's definitely not you though haha. You have to understand that it's a numbers game with guys, so they just lay it on the table until they get laid.

• That's nothing to be sad or mad about, just be thankful that they had walked away, you deserve better

• Nothing wrong with you, those guys are just sex hungry

• I'm classy OP I just want a girlfriend I can snuggle with

• Part of successful dating starts with well choosen targets, sometimes...

• Try dating people you DON'T meet online. It's all in how you present yourself.

• Make it clear since day one

• Yup I do that, I even have it in my bio

• :/
      You can lie about having a boyfriend that check your messages or something, but it's hard to tell anyways

• There is nothing wrong with you, most guys at that age just want hookups, including me :)

• You probably spend time with wrong people then.

• Wow they wait TWO WEEKS?

I ask right away.

• Some of them ask right away too. Tbh I prefer if they ask right away so that way I won't waste my time

• No I don't say yes, I haven't even had sex before. I'm just looking for someone to date

• What does "date" mean?

• Likely your/their age is a factor. The guys who in your interest area are still young and only are looking for sex. With age and maturity, this will change.

What Girls Said 2

• Most people are on online dating sites and stuff just to get laid. If you say you're not there for that reason you're not worth the effort. Make yourself clear since day once. Let them treat you like a hookup and that's what you're going to be.

• Your boobs hanging out say fuck me