How can I comfort my girlfriend when she's upset?

My girlfriend is feeling sad because her favorite band canceled a show tonight. They're her absolute favorite she's seen them over 20 times. They're her good friends. Now she'll have to wait till October to see them she said that's a long time away especially since we're going to Tennessee that's gonna be a 7 to 8 hour drive for us so she'll have to wait longer. She said she's never missed an Ohio or WV show which is where we are right in that area. She's been looking forward to it she's been waiting all year. She already told all her friends about it. She feels really bad and upset. She doesn't know if she can wait another 2 or 3 months she said she's gonna go crazy. She said this is the first time this has happened with them. I was gonna cook her dinner but she already ate. She feels really sad right now. She said she was gonna tell the guitar player about the new movie she just saw and her new favorite tv show I told her she can tell him in October but she's afraid she'll forget about it by then. How can I comfort her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww, that's so sad but it's so sweet that you want to comfort her. What I would love personally is if my guy took me out to do something fun and if he kissed me and cuddled me for a little bit. If you know some other things she loves to do, then go do those things with her, especially if you don't normally do those things together. And just show her that you love her and care about her no matter what. And just let her know you're always there to talk and let her talk to you about it. I hope she feels better and thanks for being a great boyfriend to her. :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok wow there is a lot of hate in the opinions. Aspects of what has been said are true. She is over reacting but we all do that. I'm sure you can think of a few times when you have over reacted about things as well. It's not so much that she is upset it's more that she wants to be upset because this is something that matters to her. So go ahead and make dinner, that will help get her emotionally reoriented. The next step depends on her. If she is the sort that needs to be distracted from her problems so that she can take a step back from them then make dinner and do a netflixathon. If she is the sort that just has to let all the emotions out and then she picks herself up. Go get her ipod/cds/Spotify for that band and play the music and let her have her own at home concert. She will come to terms with this and it won't be the end of the world what ever you do don't tell her to get over it because it is important to her and so as her boyfriend it is important to you

What Girls Said 7

• She seems a touch excessive in her reaction. Like... It's not her fault they cancelled. She's going to have to handle it like an adult.

Maybe try explaining how October isn't that far away.

• If I wear you I'd run away as far as possible. She sounds cray cray to me and seems to have feelings going on with the guitar player.

• I gotta be honest, she seems to be overreacting. I mean, maybe it really just means that much to her but really? I say just watch a good movie with her, she'll just have to get over it.

• Maybe put on a dvd with a live concert of them invite some friends make a party of it in honor of the band? maybe she'll like that?

• She sounds annoying. Honestly she's overreacting.

• Let her give you a blowjob.

What Guys Said 2

• Dont you know kids are starving in Japan? stop worrying over her.

• have the event on a calendar and allow nothing else to come up