Why don't guys ask me out on dates?

I don't know why guys don't ask me out, I feel like I'm invisible to them. I'm almost 22 and have never been approached and asked out. I see other girls get asked out all the time, including my friends, and I just stand there invisible. I don't know if it's because I'm ugly or if I throw off some bad vibe, but I'm a friendly person, always smiling. I'm a little shy but not extremely. Can anyone give me some kinda clue why guys pretty much over look me?

Most Helpful Guy

• this is a common complaint from many single girls , guys don't really ask them out on dates much anymore. maybe its not as common a thing to do than it used to be. think some guys just lack confidence or had bad luck in past and just don't try anymore

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys never asked me out either. I just casually asked a guy that I might like if he wanted to hang out sometime. Sometimes they said yes, other times no.

What Guys Said 8

• You need to make yourself more appealing. I don't mean physically, but you need to have some personality. From what you wrote you sound very... bland. The first word that pops up into my head would be "meh."

Have some personality that is unique to your own, and make yourself look more interesting.

• Because They knew I would ask you out "will you go out with me"? there you just got asked out.

• Because of the cat dander on your sweater. Also, because you wear a sweater.

• Try going up to ask guys out on dates and see how nerve-racking it is.

• maybe its a good idea to ask them out on a date?

• Before I answer what kind of guys are you into?

• maybe they dont feel that you're approachable?

not sure

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Maybe you're really attractive or confident and guys are incredibly turned off by confident women. Or they're nervous because you're very hot. Or you're not just attractive and at your age all guys want to do is bang a sexy blonde.

• Do you make yourself approachable?

• No idea. Maybe start asking them out?