Why do guys hate skinny girls?

I get it that most men don't prefer women with slimmer figures , but why do they seem to strongly dislike girls who are skinny? Guys always say thick girls are better or even chubby girls are better than skinny girls? Is this a new trend to hate skinny girls or what?

Also by thick , I'm talking about Beyonce or J Lo or how Kim kardashian was before plastic surgery.

Most Helpful Guy

• Various reasons. First of all its important to understand that there is only one ultimative preference that guys have worldwide which is hip-to-waist ratio of around 0.7-1. Everything else is quite individual.

Aside from that why guys say things against skinny girls.

1. Guys react to many girls thinking skinny is attractive. And the more girls say that, the more guys counter-react to it. Let's face it. Most guys don't find all those so-called topmodels any attractive or the size-0 jeans and whatnot. Its some urban myth that kinda got stuck in the heads of women that this is desirable and guys are annoyed by girls thinking that.

2. A girl being skinny can imply that she is incapable of enjoying pleasure. Eating food is pleasure and if she is skinny it can mean she can't enjoy the pleasure of food which also implies that she can't enjoy other pleasures (sex 'duh).

3. Socioeconomical status is important. The wealthier a guy is, the leaner he likes girls. Researchers think it is because poorer guys needed to make sure they date girls who are capable of handling through rough times as well.

Most Helpful Girl

• Alright here we go skinny/curvy/slim/thick/fat/chubny girls are all attractive. Not everyone will like everything so who cares who likes what. If you're born twig skinny you won't be thick and the other way around so quit comparing people to try to be something you can't be. Just be healthy and stop caring because someone out there will love and fuck you so don't worry.
    *End rant*
    Sorry

What Guys Said 30

• Where did you hear this bullshit? It's not true. Very few guys want a fat girl.

• The only people who hate skinny females is fat females.
    MOST men actually DO prefer slimmer women. The optimum fatness BMI between 17 and 20. This is a study of over 60, 000 men and women across multiple countries.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a28405-it-s-not-fat-shaming-it-s-science-slimmer-women-are-more

https://www.abdn.ac.uk/news/8098/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26336638

• No we don't.

• No its just you are skinny so you are sensitive to people saying they like thick. I assure you every thick girl thinks guys only like skinny, EVERYONE thinks everyone else prefers whatever they are not. Big boobs want smaller, smaller want bigger, straight hair wants curly, curly wants straight, and on and on and on

• I think it has to do with countering the claim that "Victoria Secret girls with their BMI 16 are hot".

They're not.

• I'll be perfectly candid, I am always afraid of hurting women who are too skinny, they look fragile too me. Like you see ribs and other bones and I'm afraid I will accidentally snap them.

• I don't.

• huge fan of skinny. and I'm not the only one... so just ignore those people

• Not chubby girls but more like curvy girls...
    Skinny girls are not bad though.. Its just that they have more bones than assets

• Skinny girls are my fav, guys don't always say anything like that. Some people bullshit when people ask questions on here so people don't feel bad. Some girls with bigger tits/ass/nice legs can look hotter than someone skinny sure. They're both attractive. Overweight is RARELY attractive.

• I very much question where you got this information from. The human body, when it eats well and moves, is naturally trim.

Stop listening to stupid people, as a general rule.

• Ig its just from the whole trend that being big is sexier then being skinny , the "body positivity" movement for fat girls , and all the pictures and Memes and qoutes that say stuff like "men like meat, bones are for dogs" and just all the quotes about curvy girls

• Who said I did? I prefer skinny girls (boobs optional, not much of a boobs man and won't notice much at all especially if they have pubes that is such a turn-on) as long as her ribs and hip bones aren't visible through her skin or she looks like a walking mummified corpse. Average is ok too skinny or fat is not. But I prefer the skinny girl if I have to pick an extreme because gaining weight is easier than losing it as far as fixing the problem. Dunno where you get your info from (some prefer thick/fat girls, most don't) but it sounds inaccurate.

• Skinny girls rock

• If I can see your rib cage, it is a bad thing.

• It's not new trend
    It's been always like that
    Wide thigh bones is more feminine

• That's weird lol. I don't mind a mixture of I think she's good looking ages good looking. I do tend to go for more spirited , intelligent girls as they seem to not be as confusing and better in bed.

• We don't?

• Skinny girls are ugly girls who try to make up for it by being as skinny as possible.

• I don't hate skinny girls.

• Curvy or gtfo

• I dont' I'd bang them.

• I dont think it is true that all guys hate skinny girls. I love skinny girls mmm, they are so sexy

• I've never heard this argument. every 1 I know definitly prefers skinny girls.

• LOL. People will come up with anything no matter how far fetched it is.

• No, I think most guys prefer thin girls, there are chubby chasers though. My personal preference are thin but not underweight. I would prefer a stocky but healthy girl to an underweight or anorexic one who's starved. I can always make exceptions though but I applaud those who are healthy and take care of their body, it doesn't mean I'm shaming those who aren't.(so no offense to anyone)

• Kinda skinny is ok but 𝐭𝐨𝐨 skinny is very unattractive

• I don't hate skinny girls , I know some that are very attractive. but is this one skinny extremely skinny girl at bar I've seen a few times , and I just want to go up to her and tell her to eat something. she had looked really pretty earlier in her life and I'm lost as to what has happened to her , she appears to have an eating disorder

• where are you hearing this?

• Everywhere on online. GAG seems to be the only website where people won't bash skinny girls , everywhere else guys say they need a " thick" girl which means tiny waist , huge ass, and huge tits. But I know a lot of guys that don't mind a chubby stomach or arms

• Where the thick girls at?

• sorry but i have no idea what you're talking about

What Girls Said 10

• I can vouch for this statement I really don't know why. All the guys are like girl eat a hamburger to me all the damn time.

• They really don't. It's like as soon as a guy says something like 'I like thick girls', every thin girl immediately thinks that she's hated. Look at any TV show or any form of media you want, most of the girls are going to be thin because it is still considered the beauty ideal. Men still like girls like that.

• It depends on the guy. I also know many who prefer a slimmer figure. Just a matter of taste I suppose.

• Girl you must be trolling

• I'm not , every time I go on social media I see guys posting about how they need a thick girl or love BBWs, or just saying curvy is better then skinny. Its very rare for a guy to say he likes skinny girls

• For like 30 years all guys liked was mod skinny now that girls with some meat get love i dont see how skinny girls are threatened guys will always like model bodies but not boons n hips at least not in the western world

• here we go again...

is it so hard for people to understand that other people have prefferences? some prefer skinny some prefer fit some prefer a little chubby and some (pretty rare) prefer fat

• Guys have all differents preferences, don't let this site be a credible source for you. Skinny girls are just as attractive as "thick" girls, just in different ways

• I've never heard that! I've heard quite the opposite.

• Where? lmao

• Everywhere. You go on Instagram and fb and see all these posts about "thick girls" or curvy girls

• Curvy =\= fa though. It means skinny with big boobs and ass.

• What are you talking aboutttt? This skinny vs thick thing needs to stop lol

• I think they are referring to the unhealthy looking ones. Although, we don't know her life, we don't know if she is genetically super slim or if she has a medical issue or something. Most seem to prefer a healthy woman.