How serious are you about a girl when you show her off to your friends?

Does this have any significance from a guy's pov?

Oops well this question is for guys only.. :P
Does this mean that you're proud of the fact that you like this girl and that she's quite attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• i feel like it can go one of two ways

-you are showing off because you are excited for your friends to meet your partner and vice versa. you are excited about the relationship and want to ingratiate her with your circle of friends

-on the other hand i've definitely felt like at times guy friends were really just showing off the girl as a sort of trophy of a sexual conquest. sort of like, "look how hot this girl i'm hooking up with is"

• What if the guy is shy and is a really nice person? I think the first one would apply, right?

• yeah i think so

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't take that as a positive sign. It's a form of objectification.

What Guys Said 19

• If I'm with her, I love her, on some level, and respect her, but I know my friends, and I don't want her to meet them for a long time, until she is pretty sure we want to be a couple, because guy friends can be kind of d-bags to GFs!!
    Most of my friends are more 'NERDY' and might just talk her into falling asleep, standing up!!

• I never show off a girl unless we are in a relationship that I'm very excited or serious about. It's not really my thing to show off girls who aren't going to stick around because their hot. I don't like how it makes me look. I like to give off the impression that all the girls I date are awesome so normally if I'm showing one off, it's because I'm really proud of what a cool person they are AND that I think their attractive.

• For me it's a "shitting where you eat" thing, so I have to feel pretty good about a girl and the relationship with her to do it.

And I don't do it to "show her off". I do it to introduce her to my friends and make her feel welcome in my social group so that we can all enjoy time together.

• Lol I guess I used the wrong words.. I didn't mean "showing off" in the literal sense. I meant like when you want all of your friends to know that you like a girl.. does that mean you're quite serious about her?

• For me, yes, because break-ups within these friend groups get extremely awkward and divisive in nature. I actually have quite a large group of friends I built over the years (with blood and sweat -- I actually organized my friends and merged them together and arranged them all to meet) and would not introduce some girl I was unsure about at least giving a commitment a try to my friends.

• I might be an unusual case but I would actually be more reluctant to introduce her to that large friend I built up and expanded and merged over the years than to my family.

• She's not an accessory to be waved in people's faces like a sports car or Rolex - unless you're a serious douchenozzle.

• Wow I wish I could delete this question. All the guys are forgetting here that I am a girl. By "showing off" I don't mean showing her off like she's an accessory. I meant that when you let all your friends know that you like a girl.

Everyone's taking it in the literal sense. I want to close this question asap. And I would appreciate it if people stopped giving answers now.

• If I'm showing her off to my friends, she's either a car crash that I wanted them to see before I dumped her, or I'm serious about her.

• Yes... If a boy shows off a girl to his friends, it means he is so proud of u.
    He is on top of de world when he is introducing u to his friend circle

• I don't intend to show her off at all.

• Why is that? I mean like you want all of your friends to know that you like this girl

• Well I don't really have any friends. The couple I do have I'll just tell "hey I have a girl." That's it.

• Oh ok :)

• friends I am half serious, family then dead serious

• So if he wants her to meet his sister after his friends, then he's quite serious about her?

• of course he is then. Do you like him too? If you do then go with it if not then don't embarrass him please

• Yes I show her off because I'm proud to have her.

• Generally girls aren't brought unless it's a couples thing in any group I've been in haha.

• Doesn't mean we are serious. It is mostly a show off to the other guys that hey, look at me, i'll be getting laid tonight while most of you will be jerking off!!!

• Not serious at all..

• I don't show off
    Not my style :P

• I'm proud of my girlfriend if I show off to my friends. Simple as that. Doesn't mean I'm NOT proud if I DON'T show off, because it depends if my friends are going to treat her like a trophy I won or like a human being.

• You are his trophy.

• i don't show her off thats unwanted attention

• At that point I'd definitely consider us to be a thing

• I'm not that kind of boy so I'd never do that.

• Well I already explained this on this page. I don't know why all the guys here are taking "showing off" in the literal sense like the girl is some sort of a thing. I am girl for heaven's sake, why would I imply such a thing? I just meant that when a guy is excited about a girl enough to let his friends know that he likes her, how serious is he?

• Serious enough in that case. I didn't say that either though.

• sorry but i dont show anybody/anything off

What Girls Said 0