One step forward, two steps back with shy guys?

Is it really the case with shy guys that it is one step forward, two steps back when they are intereted in a girl they don't actually know but see on passing regularly? For example, you make eye contact, you smile at her, then ignore her next time you see her and the time after that like she doesn't exist. Then you give her some more eye contact then again ignore her, look in the other direction when passing? Or is this signs a guy is not interested?

Most Helpful Guy

• not really. im a shy guy and i want a beautiful girl to be forward about everything she wants of me and what feelings she has first, only if its love and sexual desire and commitment of course, but the reason why i seem to ignore a girl i like is because, guys starring at girls is considered rude or creepy to a girl, so knowing that just makes me feel so ugly, thats why i look at them while they dont notice. she just has to be a girl whos sensitive as i am and cares enough to approach me, girls are very feminine and sweet when they do that, but problem is its very rare, because girls are stuck on the idea that guys have to do everything, be confident etc. when it doesn't work like that. so when i like a girl i know she's there its just i dont want to seem so obvious, otherwise i risk being reemed out with verbal assault, and its happened to me a few times with girls in the past.
    plus that nice guys finish last thing is hurtful also

• Cool, thanks for the reply. So at the start of your answer when you say "not really" is this in terms of these signs being because a guy isn't interested?

• no i was answering your title question and first sentence first. this part: "Is it really the case with shy guys that it is one step forward, two steps back when they are interested in a girl they don't actually know but see on passing regularly?"
      guys are always going to be interested in any beautiful girl they see, i do it a lot, there physical beauty makes me fall in love with them at first sight, call it lust or whatever but its still love.

• ok thanks :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Ugh... shy guys are so frustrating. They look, stare, and stalk you, but never have the balls to just say hello. They complain about how hard it is to get girls, but they never even try! I've been interested in quite a few shy guys but have never had one actually ask me out.

Shy guys, you need to get some balls, because the girls are not going to ask you out. But have faith, you have way more of a chance than you think.

What Guys Said 2

• Why don't you approach him? if he's that shy.

• No it's a sign of shyness which usually indicates interest.

What Girls Said 1