Would it weird you out if a girl got plastic surgery?

I've always wanted 2 procedures. I want the little bump on my nose gone and a somewhat fuller upper lip.

I've decided to have these done in the next few months. The thing is I'm worried about how the guy I'm seeing will react. I'm afraid to talk him about it.

Would it bother you if a girl made changes like these?

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's my girlfriend I wouldn't be weirded out but I'd reinforce her that I love the way she looks already and those little flaws is what makes her who she is and that I love them. That she shouldn't be doing this for me but for herself. Honestly if he can't deal with it and respect your decision he is not the right guy for you. And not to say anything else because I don't know the relationship and how far along you are but you are fearful to tell him something maybe your relationship should be examined. Just my thoughts as an outsider. You shouldn't be fearful of telling your partner anything unless for obvious reasons.

@redeyemindtricks thoughts? Lol I remember seeing you saying you've had a boob job I believe.

• We are two years in. I have no fear over what he will say... he will say I'm beautiful as is but he wants me to be happy and he will be attracted to me either way. But I'm worried it'd be secretly weird for him if I looked different

• Yah, I mean... I'd just be apprehensive that something could go wrong. The odds of that are super low, of course... but it's yr *face*.

I spent a very long time just *thinking* about having the breast augmentation done, before actually doing it. Actually taking that step took something pretty dramatic -- specifically, when my firstborn couldn't breastfeed properly, because his mouth couldn't latch onto my breast correctly.
      This may or may not have actually had anything to do with the size of my breasts themselves, but, it was the last straw -- especially when he could nurse normally on my fuller-figured girlfriends' breasts. So, that was enough to drive me to it.

In this case, unless there's a precipitating event, I'd be at least pretty cautious -- unless it's something that has literally killed yr self-image for yr whole life.

I also had the "mommy makeover" after my most recent childbirth, so I could get back into figure competitions. That's a much more extensive set of

• surgeries -- tightening the lower torso and around the whole belt line, and I also had the BA revision at the same time (9 years after the original BA -- normally revisions aren't needed for 15 years or so, but, since I was already undergoing surgery and recovery... hey why not) -- but I didn't even have so much as a second thought about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think this guy obviously like you already and wouldn't want you to change and if he did, he would be too focused on looks that you shouldn't date him anyway. Having said that, it is your body and your choice so you should never let yourself think you should have an appearance just because men like it. But don't change yourself for a man either, you have to make this decision based on what YOU think because you may not be with this guy forever anyway. Personally, I don't like plastic surgery, it comes with too many risks, and often doesn't turn out as expected. Be yourself and what you are born to look like is my opinion because if you think of it this way, when you're older, you are more likely to regret getting plastic surgery then regret never getting plastic surgery.
    Good luck either way though!

What Guys Said 21

• Yeah, bump is ok. Knew a guy who did something like that. But the lip / lips are not cool. If there is a mistake or complication due to a poor surgeon doing the job or you react badly to it. Thats it, your done and it will look shit fort he rest of your life, worst case, best case is it will look odd and obvious that you tried to get your lips done. Don't forget, some celebs who have millions to throw at Dr's still end up looking really bad some times and all the money in the world will sometimes not be enough to reverse the damage.

Your 21, stop reading beautie mags and thinking all these celebs are living the right life and that they are how you should look. You look exactly as you were intended too. Believe it or not, guys like it more when A woman is confident in her own look, not who she made herself to look like. FYI, bigger lips don't make BJ's better.

• I wouldn't do the lip injection; those always look fake and frankly gross. If the bump on your nose really bothers you, I don't see why not, it wouldn't bother me any.

• I can understand removing the bump, but I think changing your lip will weird him out.

• No I know a guy who got a hair transplant and I may get one in 10-20 years if my hair goes the way it has on my mothers side.
    Just don't take it lightly surgery is expensive and there may or may not be risks make sure you know all the details before hand and as banana said have it done properly.

• Just have it done correctly and it would be fine. I see plastic surgery a lot just because of where I live but if done correctly it can drastically improve ones looks. Just be smart

• Depends what kind if its the minor kind then no if its a lot or work or moderate work yeah cause then they would just look like a doll.

• Inb4 OPs nose job turns out like this

www.beautyhows.com/.../...g-Carmen-Camposantos.jpg

• Well it's not weird at all.
    It's your right to beautify yourself but one must be careful as anything can happen.
    Best of luck.

• do whatever you like, but its these little "flaws" that i find attractive.

• wouldn't bother me at all. i have to say though, you have amazing lips. I wouldn't change a thing.

• Stay away from lip injection. That never looks natural.

• Hell yeah. Its not my thing to get surgeries

• no until she looks like a barbie then im done

• Flaws are what attract me the most on girls
    I'd love that little bump on your nose.

• You're sweet xD

• Lol hey all good. In that case. Make sure you get it don't right. Anything can go right and you might end worse than a bump. It'd be a scar. But then again scars are cool 😎

• And yes I would date a girl if she had plastic surgery to answer your question

• Honestly, it'd your choice and if it makes you feel more confident go for it!

• no i would dump her.

• absolutely not anything that will make you more beautiful go for it!

• I wouldn't make my decision to marry someone based on how much plastic surgery they have.

• Yeah

• To me it says she is insecure and I don't want an insecure woman.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 5

• He'll probably try to talk you out of it as he's attracted to the girl you are now but I say if it'll make you feel better, happier, more confident then do it. As long as your not going to go into massive debt or have a lifestyle change due to the expense. good luck.

• No it shouldn't get it for yourself. There's no big deal in it and if the guy doesn't like it he should go screw himself.

• My sis just had breast reconstruction so I hope that it doesn't both people (I know it wouldn't bother me one bit)

• Do what makes you happy, if he rejects you because of it, screw him.

• Of course it would, Plastic Surgery unless absolutely necessary is a sign of narcissism and self obsession. It's a huge sign of how the person is low on confidence and unhappy with oneself.

• Lol if someone has an insecurity then who are you to tell them what to do? If she has a bump on her nose and it will make her feel more confident with her appearance to get that corrected then why not?

• It's just extremely narrow minded lol. I'll 'back off' though. lol

• If you live your life the way people want you to live it then you will always be unhappy.