I found out that the guy I've been talking to for the past few weeks comes from a very wealthy family. I'm worried and scared now. What should I do?

I met him at a bookstore and we hit it off from the start. We have similar interests and enjoy our conversations together. He's very sweet and such a gentleman. Not to mention, he's also pretty good looking.

The past few weeks have been intersecting. He's asked me out to lunch a few times and we have kept in contact through texting and calling every so often. After the third week, I was confused if whether he saw me as just a friend or something more. We had never went to each other's homes until this week.

First, he visited mine. It was nothing special. Just a small, cheap apartment. Today, he took me to have dinner at his place. I was pretty shocked at where he stayed. While we were there, he explained to me that his grandfather was the founder of a major company and currently his father runs the company. He seemed so calm about it and he kept looking at me to see what I'd say. I just tried to keep my cool.

But now that I'm back home, a million thoughts are running through my mind. Right now, I feel like I don't deserve him. He can do WAY better than me. I also don't want people to think I'm a gold digger. That's a bad reputation to have and I don't want to be thought of in such a negative way. And also, I just feel confused. As soon as I got home, I literally started crying. We're not officially dating yet, but I think I should call it quits while we're still in our early stages. I just don't know what I should do.

*interesting. Not intersecting. Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, be secure and have self esteem. Why in your right mind would you say that he deserves better. You are going against yourself. You know that you are pretty/beautiful smart, funny, energized etc so keep it like that. There are no stupid leagues in this world for dating. If the guy likes you he likes you, it's that simple.

About the gold digger thing-don't think about it that way. If you like him which it seems like you do and he likes you back then continue dating him. You ARE NOT a gold digger and know that yourself. And if other people want to be complete dicks and judge you thinking you are a gold digger than let them go fuck themselves and jerk off in the corner for the rest of their lives. You shouldn't give 2 fucks about what other people think about you. Unfortunately-there are a lot of selfish, rude, disrespectful, inconsiderate jerks in this world. just avoid them and don't let um screw up your life.

My only concern with this guy would be that he is stuck up and one of those snobby rich ass basterds but it clearly doesn't sound like that from what you have said about this gentlemen. So keep dating him and see where things go.

Ultimately-be yourself, enjoy life while you can, have no regrets, don't let others choose what paths you take in life, and have faith in yourself my friend. Best of luck 😎

• Your comment just made me feel a lot better. I'm crying right now. I just needed some positive words. Thank you.

• Great to hear I could help😘!!! Like I said-don't think so negative about yourself and what's going on in your life. You will look back one day and realize all the time you wasted on this beautiful planet and once in a life time experience thinking negatively. Every minute counts so enjoy ALL OF IT! Love yourself first and foremost and then care for others. Have faith deteemination and self esteem and nothing in this world will ever be impossible. Your mind controls all so stay positive. your stronger than this and you know it.

What Guys Said 8

• If you like him and he likes you then what's the issue? You need to gain a bit of self confidence and stop acting like you aren't worthy of a wealthy guy, especially one that gained your interest without initially flaunting his wealth from the get go.

Don't worry about what people think. This is your life. If he is what you want and your interest level was there well before you knew he had the money, then it's not worth worrying about it.

Don't throw something you legitimately want away because of the what ifs or the potential judgments of others.

• Nah you are not a gold digger. You like him for him. Not his familys money If you found out before you met him or dated him and you used that to get to him than you'd be a gold digger. He likes you for you too. Just keep doing you. Forget the money he couldn't even be rich himself. He maybe not ever get a dime of his family's money. Who knows.

• If you're not good enough, he'll make short work of you. So why duck so soon? Let him do the work if you're so certain. Make him be a bad man.

The upside of not giving up is that you are set for life. Be grateful the gender roles aren't reversed in this fairytale, consider yourself lucky.

• Don't beat yourself up, and don't give a shit? It really doesn't matter that much, both about how wealthy he is and what people will view you as.
    If he likes you he likes and he wants you. Don't take away a possible positive thing (and I don't mean the money either) from yourself for stupid reasons.
    If you like him, try to be something with him.

• Stop being dumb. You've stumbled upon a gold mine. Why ruin something that's good? If he's dating you, he probably thinks you're good enough. Let him believe that. Don't run away because you feel like you're not good enough, that's for him to decide.

• whats the problem. he's the same person, just a little better off. nothing to be scared of.

• You should get pregnant and take all his money.

• You'd best lock that down!

What Girls Said 13

• Don't say anything yet. Just get to know him as a person. You won't be viewed as a gold digger if you get to know him. He's probably trying to judge whether or not all the money changed how you saw him as a person. Just go out and enjoy things that you like to do. If he starts spending a lot of money on you and it makes you feel uncomfortable, then say something.

Right now, just get to know him as a person and go from there. He's probably had a lot of people pretend to be friends just for his money. You could be one of the few people who can ignore the money and focus on him as a person. It's okay to date him.

• Now why would you do that? He's not going to think you're a gold digger. That's why he got to know you before telling you. He knows you like him for him... He was watching your reaction to see if it would scare you off... And it is. Would you break it off with someone who had less than you? You should give it a chance.

• You've got a good point. I'm just... Scared. I'm scared of everything that could happen after this. Even though he knows I like him for him, other people won't see that. I haven't met his family yet, but I don't know what they'd think of me. Maybe I'm just over thinking everything and need to relax.

• You are definitely over thinking it! But I admire that you wouldn't want anyone to think you're using him. I'm the exact same way. I have a hard time letting people do anything for me because I'd be devastated if they ever thought I was taking advantage or expecting it. Just be you and be with this guy because you like him and he makes you happy. The ones that matter in his life will see that. He will see that. Don't run from this... You don't want to look back & think what if someday.

• Sounds like you've hit the jackpot, haha. I think it's up to him to decide what he deserves, and right now he seems to really like you and doesn't see you as a golddigger at all. And really who cares how it looks to other people? You two know what you have, and you know that's not who you are. Don't let fear stand in the way of something that could be amazing!

• I'd personally just call it quits while I'm ahead. That's one of my deal breakers. I don't date rich guys no matter how "awesome" they seem.

• If you liked him for real , then you can handle whatever it is. If not, just go out with a guy that isn't rich.

• How much he makes shouldn't change anything. Would you be feeling the same way if he took you to a trailer?
    Obvious he likes you, you had dinner at his place.
    Know your worth.
    Treat him like you did before and continue on the path you would have.

• I think it's just stupid for u to think he can do better, where's that confidence girl? If he talks to you it's because he likes u! Fuck what others think, I mean, what really matters is what u think and what this wealthy dude thinks! Because he knows ur not a gold digger. If you really like him, then don't let anything get on your way, ignore the fact that he has a lot of money, focus on what u want and not on what others may think. He deserves you as much as u deserve him. And again, FUCK WHAT OTHERS MAY THINK ABOUT IT! U can't live based on others expectations, girl!

• Be the best version of yourself.

Think about how things were when you didn't find out about his wealth. Is that helpful?

If he isn't a rich snob, then I dont see why things would change.

• Opting out because he has money is just as bad as being a gold digger.. Ur leaving because of his status.

• Money and possesion are nothing you can take with you when you die but love is forever if you ask me its something that can't be bought if you like him its because you like him not because of what he has so be happy and enjoy❤️❤️👍🏽

• Damn girl you crazy. If you like him then why not?

• Not everyone who dates/marries someone rich is a gold digger.
    by the way u started seeing him before you even knew what he has.
    if you two understand each other than you should NOT stop seeing him.
    but it's up to you , you should never feel bad about something.

• Here's what you need to avoid: putting him on a pedestal and believing that he's doing you a favor by dating you. Because that's not the case. But if you start having those thoughts in your mind, you won't feel secure in the relationship.