Would you date someone who's socially awkward?

• Yeah, I would
  • Nope, I wouldn't
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I am social awkward myself and I do not give a shit what society thinks of my behavior. We ( my future boyfriend and I) could be socially awkward together and not give a shit what society thinks of us. As long as we have each other, that is great enough because all that matters is the bond we share with one another not what other people think. That is shallow not to date someone cuz they do not fit into society. Yes, I have had boys in middle not want to date me in middle school cuz I was socially awkward but I did not care anymore cuz I like older men now and I get hella men even though I am socially awkward cuz my looks and my other personality traits with them over, the men do not care if I am socially awkward. So now that I have preached enough. It is shitty to not date someone cuz they are socially awkward so what, it is the person that matters not how they act or what society think of them.

What Guys Said 29

• Not sure anymore. I tried dating some very socially awkward and shy girls in the past, and it usually seems like there's a high percentage that they are actually somewhat insane when you get to know them better. Usually the isolation from the social world leaves them with weird ideas about romance, insecurities about themselves, etc.

• Confidence from a man is key, look at the ladies responses? I wouldn't. I don't need a complete extrovert, but it's just not that appealing to me being with someone socially awkward. I don't want to have to fight, figuratively speaking, to get her out of her shell.

• You do have to be careful with that. You having so much confidence might be a turn off for her and scare her a bit.

• Yup I'm already trying to date her. I'll let you know how it goes after I work my way out of the freindzone with her. First I had to get her to understand that I was not just another one of the girls.

• I have my fiance is very socially awkward my fiance has been through a few things grown up and in past relationships so that has made her very socially awkward so she would just rather stay home watch a movie and order pizza then go out somewhere but it all depends on you and how socially awkward they are and if you could Dell with their social awkwardness

• Yeah sure although I'm also slightly awkward sometimes although I've started to care less about what happens and therefore am more social in general

• It depends what she does, if she's a bit weird it's alright. Everyone is a bit awkward now and then, just depends what specific things/scenarios.

• Sure. As long as that someone is aware that social skills are also a skill to be trained aka they want to improve to handle social situations better. But I don't mind the girl being a weirdo. I am myself, so thats fine.

• I am socially awkward, so we might be a good fit.
    To me, being in a room full of people at some form of social event is one level of Dante's vision of Hell.

• I would, as I am socially awkward myself. I think it would be pretty comfy to be with someone who is on the same level with me in that regard.

• a sad disease that plagues our current youth

• As long as she's hot with a hairy one I wouldn't care how awkward she was, socially or otherwise. Awkwardness would just be something we had in common.

• I'm probably socially awkward myself in way, so yeah

• What do you mean by socially awkward?

• Considering I am... YES!

• yes i would love to

• depends, some socially awkward girls are cute but others can be creepy.

• Sure I would

• Yes, we all have our social kinks, to be fair.

• I would, why not?

• That's preferable, girls with loads of friends are a pain in the butt.

• being that myself yes, no prob

• yes because im awkward

• Hell yeah , cuz i'm too , we will be like awkward together

• no, i never would. they suck.

• no fuk that.

• Yess i LOVE shy girls.

• I hear lorde has a boy friend

• Would probably prefer it.

• Yes I would. I am socially awkward and me and my woman can socially awkward together.

What Girls Said 14

• I'm pretty sure I'm socially awkward, even a close friend I had for 10 years and her sister told me I was awkward.

I still have a boyfriend though, I don't think he really minds about my awkwardness.

I'm not sure if he would be considered socially awkward or not too, since though he has friends in real life, most are just people on Xbox he talks to; and before we started going out he'd tell me I was his best friend (despite the fact we hadn't seen each other in 2-3 years and would only talk on fb and Skype at the time). He's pretty weird in a lot of ways but that just makes him more interesting to me, he's definitely better at talking in person or on Skype than in text though - In text he mostly just puts stuff like "U ok", "Ok", "Ok then", "Yh", "Oh", "Hows u" and "Wot u up to" and this will often be the extent of conversation.

In person his speech seems to flow better and more naturally. Perhaps we are both a bit awkward in ways, I know we are certainly both a bit weird but I don't mind about that, I don't think I could be with anyone too normal anyway.

If he is considered awkward I'm still not sure he's as awkward as me and even if he was, at least I'd be able to relate. I find it sort of sweet when people are awkward sometimes anyway, somehow they seem a bit more trustworthy but that could just be me.

• Probably not. I get tired of guessing if they're enjoying themselves or if they're happy or sad or uncomfortable. I need feedback. I need warmth. I need someone to take the reins every now and then and lead the way. Otherwise I get tired and feel like I'm doing all the work to keep things moving and fresh.

• No I wouldn't.

• It depends. how socially awkward are you? ;)

• Honestly, no. I am very extroverted and I would like someone who can keep up with me socially and is confident talking with other people.

• Probably not.

• I have before but I wouldn't do it again tbh

• Yay! There is hope for me yet. I'm pretty socially awkward. Hehehe...

• I am too. So yes

• Noooo no way. Being confident is like the #1 most important thing for me

• yes i'm socially awkward too.

• Yes if I was single!

• I probably would if I really like him

• I'm socially awkward so yes. We could be socially awkward together, like a bonding experience.