Why do some guys expect women to be attractive and groomed, but don't hold the same standard for themselves?

I have met quite a few guys who complain about the fact that the girls they want (hot girls who spend a great deal of time maintaining their fitness, hygiene, dressing well and grooming themselves) don't give them the time of day, yet they refuse to come to terms with the fact that water seeks its own level and these girls want a guy who's equally groomed and takes pride in his appearance. These men will talk sh*t about 'ugly' or 'fat' girls when they've got this beer belly going on and the dad-body. Can someone tell me why these men feel so entitled to these women, when they don't hold the same standard for themselves?

1|0
5|5

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys are delusional and unaware of their own faults. They have no grasp on how the other gender sees them. So you got guys who are out of shape, unsuccessful, lack style, devoid ofambition, have dull personalities etc. who have no idea why women find them unappealing and awesome it's because the girls are bad people rather than just working on themselves.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Hallelujah!!! Someone finally said it!!!

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Because they get women, regardless of what you think. Would I love to live in a fair world too? Of course. But here's the deal... Women insist on being the gatekeepers, the ones who wait and don't take risks. While that's safe for you, you are limited to the risk takers, the guys who are willing to approach and don't really care otherwise.

If you wait around and don't take initiative in dating, you embody the very behavior that benefits assertive guys who don't give a shit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do some women expect guys to not overdo on their looks, but then put makeup on themselves?

0|0
    0|0
    • Because of how twisted and morphed social media and the world has created the concept of 'beauty'. The majority of woman wear make up because we feel insecure and want to feel and look attractive, to males and females. Men don't necessarily have to live up to that standard, but sometimes when men 'over groom' or wear make up they get slated for it, just like girls do if they over do or don't wear any at all? It's a no win situation really. But surely, everyone likes their partner to look after themselves and their appearances, even if its just a little bit?

• Show All
    • I agree with you there. Personally I fall for personality over looks but physical attraction is what normally draws people in, if you found someone who you thought was beautiful and took them home, they took their makeup off and they look like someone else, obviously that would be almost like false advertisement in a way.

• @_littlekitten13 absolutely agree with that. One of the reasons I like it more if a woman has a completely natural face.

• Very good point. We always make fun of such guys looking for a life partner out from heaven without noticing their own habits. with respect to their looks. I mean, what's natural and given by God is something else... But grooming is an effort by your own.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not different to women who expect men to have large penises when they are have tits that resemble an ironing board and expect a man to have some serious dollar bills bro when she is broke af.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• It's called hypocrisy, it's found mostly in dumb and immature people *of both sexes*.

0|0
    0|0
  • because they're immature

0|0
    0|0
  • Haha its just their "dream girls", they do not really attract any of them isn't it? Unless the girl is a gold-digger.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are horrible human beings because nobody is perfect

0|0
    0|0