Is it wrong for a teen girl to date a younger guy?

Specifically, is it wrong for a 17 year old girl to date a 15 year old guy? And is it wrong for her to keep dating him even after she turned 18?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes- technically, even more so that the converse situation, since girls' brains complete the process of neurological puberty two years earlier than boys' brains do (at the age of 10.2 on average, in contrast to the average age of 12.1 for boys). As such, for the 17-18yr old girl and the 15yr old boy, and their respective levels of maturity, their respective levels of mental maturity, and the imbalance between the girl's and the boy's maturity, would be equivalent to the gap in mental maturity between a 19-20yr old guy and a 13yr old girl. Wouldn't it be wrong for the 19yr old guy to keep dating the 13yr old girl after he turned 20? So why is this even a question?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how old they both are. I think 15 and 17 is okay as long as the maturity level is the same (which is unlikely when you're teenagers)

What Guys Said 5

• What a lucky guy

• Nah, you go gurl!

• there's no such thing as dating at 15 to 18. that's nonsense. wait it up a little

• No, its fine, fcuk society

• I wouldn't personally but I think it's an individual choice. But I do also think you'd need to be cautious with things he would be considered under aged for - just in case.
    And of course I may be wrong, but I wouldn't expect the relationship to last long.

What Girls Said 1

• Dating is okay, anything sexual is not.