Guys, do you like it when a girl initiates or makes a move?

Met a guy earlier this year. Hung out 2-3 times weekly from Jan to first week of March.

Work got in the way so we had minimal contact between April to June (1 text each month- usually he would initiate a conversation)

He reached out on July when I posted my artwork on Instagram. I then followed it by a long "thank you" message. He says let's get food.

I ignored it, then he calls me randomly and we speak for an hour on the phone. Before the call ended , I said "I'll talk to you soon".

Think I should make the next move or wait it out until he does?

For the record guys, I only ignored his invite to get food because he hasn't asked me to hang out for months and all of a sudden he is again..

Most Helpful Guy

• If you know him well enough go for it.

Sounds like he already tried to ask you out so he probably won't for a while again. You'll have to be the one to take it to the next step.

• For the record guys, I only ignored his invite to get food because he hasn't asked me to hang out for months and all of a sudden he is again..

What Guys Said 18

• why would you ignore him if he asked you to go for food? yeah, its nice if a girl makes the first move.

• Thanks bro

• no problem.

• Well for me if she doesn't make the first move then it's probably not going to happen unless she's extraordinarily attractive. Not all guys go first. I say go for it unless you feel like waiting possibly forever.

• Sounds like he already tried to make a move and you ignored it. But yes we do enjoy it. Go for it.

• When did he make the move , if I may ask?

• Yeah... so? The fact that the first thing he wanted was to go out to dinner with you is a good sign. You should have said yes.

• Alright fair enough, I just reached out to him.

• I think its hot

• yes i love that

• Nope, a woman shouldn't be assertive. It's against the bible, Koran and Necronomicon.

• Yessssss!!!

• That's totally fine by me!! Make a move, grab the chance yourself!

• totally. thats a great plan, itll be a surprise for him.

• I'm usually really dense about whether or not a girl likes me, so yeah, I love that as opposed to me not picking up and ruining what could've been

• Better you do the next move. Guys get insecure about that if girls don't do any moves.

• if you like him, i guess go for it.

• I'd love it but never believe it.

• I love it.

• Ohhh, definitely. That's how I prefer it by farrr.

• I think it's cute especially if she assumed a your not interested and starts getting frustrated and depressed makesmejusy want to give her all the living she deserves ! ( only if I like her secretly though )

• even if its the very first move, yes, because guys are not the only ones who are supposed to make first moves.

• I think, if you like him, it would be nice for him for you to call him next. It would make him less scared of being bothersome and may make him feel more wanted and confident in making another move.
    It would save him some doubt basically.
    I certainly wouldn't be displeased if a girl made a move herself.

What Girls Said 3

• Personal opinion? Every guy I've ever made the first move with ended up being immature and either excessively clingy and went too fast (he posted on facebook we were in a relationship without asking me first and it turns out when you add someone in a relationship, everyone sees it without facebook asking your consent first) or ended up being a bit of a jackass (called his mom a bitch to her face when she was just helping him out).

• whats so wrong with being clingy or fast? you know clinginess is someone who actually wants to keep you, and since girls hate that thats why you girls have guy troubles. and end up with players.

• @ParamountArmada no. A clingy guy is a guy who texts me every hour or two and sends me selfies with captions about how much he's thinking about me when he's working.

• so basically your saying you want a guy who doesn't want to be with you, think of you, not love you, and not show his love for you? aka not clingy. i understand, you dont have to keep repeating yourself lol

• Of course they do. Lol makes it easier on them

• My boyfriend loves that