My boyfriend sold our poem?

Me and my boyfriend both right poetry and when I was in the hospital for my eating disorder the day I nearly died, he wrote me a poem and today he sold the god damn poem OUR poem it had so much sentimental value to us and he went and he sold it for three dollers is it alright to feel sad over this (I keep crying it hurt my feelings

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

• WHAT? I am so sorry, that is so sad! I would be upset too. That is something you frame and hang on the wall so you can tell your kids about it someday. Not sell for 3 bucks!

What Guys Said 15

• I think you need to make sure you have an original copy that can prove that you are the original author and all otherwise plagiarism is gonna be a a real bitch. Imagine if those people that bought your poem claim your work as theirs or something and made additional profit of it, as if that was the case I'd know I'd be very upset and blame who caused this big mess.

I would have to say it was indeed very immature and inconsiderate of your boyfriend to sell YOUR poem WITHOUT your permission or authorization in the first place! It's still your property even if it was written by the both of you and therefore both parties must always come to mutual agreement before doing anything else to it, such as changing it, selling it, getting it published, etc.

• Thats very disrespectful to you and your relationship. A poem, something that was meant for you especially must of meant a lot. Its not okay what he did, you should talk to him about it and tell that what he did hurt you a lot. somethin like that should be meant for your eyes and no one elses.

• I know most will tell it's wrong, it is somehow. But i will point out some things.
    Was that poem about you exclusively?
    Did he asked u before selling?
    If may have sold it, but it doesn't mean he doesn't remember it , a pic would be enough.
    I don't know why he sold it, maybe he had reason. But he shouldn't have.

• wow that's messed up for 3 dollars

• 3 dollars are you kidding me

• How did this boyfriend impress you in the first place?

• I think so, it was a gift from him to you, not something to be sold.

• Wow you should slap him.

• sold to whom? his poetry pimp?

• i wouldn't like that either. sorry to hear that.

• Cut him off, he's never worth it ever again.

• you claim to be a poet yet you misplaced "write" with "right"

seems legit bro

• He sold the publishing rights.

It will always be his poem to you. Nothing can change that.

• That's odd to do for only that much, he should have kept it or got a lot for it to help you

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it's perfectly fine to feel upset. And three lousy dollars?