Is this guy even interested in me? 5 dates, no kiss or chemistry?

I started talking to this guy off tinder a month ago. We both put effort in our text messages; some are very lengthy. We decided to meet up for a few dates (once at a movie theatre, once at a cafe, twice at a park and once at the city centre). All of our dates last around 1-2 hours and the conversations tend to center around school, hobbies, interests.. etc. Moslty just casual conversation. He's never gotten close to me and only hugged me once. He's still active on tinder, but continues to text me. He very rarely flirts aside from 2 occasions over text. Is this guy even interested? Should I bother going out again?

Most Helpful Guy

• It really depends on what type of guy he is, and what he is looking for. If a guy is shy, or looking for a serious relationship, tends to move things slow, because he wants to move things slow, and is afraid of scaring a girl off. If he keeps asking you out and texting you, there's a chance he's that type of guy. If you like him back, I suggest you have to help him a bit by making things flirtatious.

However, do be aware of guys who are putting you as a backup plan. Those guys are more playboyish, they may keep you there just to fill up their time when they're not with someone they sincerely like. If you smell anything like that, time to move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• The fact there have been 5 dates shows he does have an interest in you. Perhaps he's too shy to initiate any type of physical contact? It could also be he's trying to be a "perfect" gentleman? Also in this day and age perhaps he's afraid anything he might do may be considered sexual harassment? There's a bunch of variables involved. The main thing though is he's coming back for more so he's definitely interested or so it would seem anyway.

What Guys Said 4

• Hmmm. I wonder if he feels the same about you? Are making any attempts? If are waiting for him to make a move, perhaps he is getting a red light vibe from you and not confident you like him that way. If you feel you are trying, then there is obviously no chemistry and time to move on.

• You're not making any moves either. He's waiting for you and doesn't know if you're interested. Do something other than stand there with your thumb up your ass

• If you don't feel chemistry then it's going nowhere

• if he kissed after 5 dates you would say he wants to get to you pants
    women :p
    anyway maybe he is just wantes to take time or you are sending mixed vibes

What Girls Said 4

• I have been in that same exact situation. Hung out with a guy who asked me out to dinner followed by dessert, then exploring the city together on the next date, movies afterwards. Sometimes it could mean he just enjoys your company.

• If he rarely flirts then he's probably only into you as a friend

• No. He hasn't kissed you and you've been on 5 dates. Seems like he's using you while he's actively searching still. I would tell him thanks for the dates but I don't see you making any effort to moving this any further.

• Dont rush it, give him a chance to get to know you better & to get more comfortable with your company. Let it just happen.