Do girls get jealous of girls who used to have a crush on her boyfriend? If so, why?

what are some reasons?

would they be jealous if the girl was pretty? Does she secretly feel like this girl is prettier than her?

would she be jealous if her boyfriend used to have a secret crush on the other girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• My ex got jealous of EVERYONE who liked me.. She even screwed up my chances with a girl..

She's still jealous about my other ex, who I spend time with.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say not jealous but maybe insecure, espesh if their boyfriend liked them back.

But having said that... I once dated a guy briefly, only for about 6 weeks and this girl from his work posted on his fb and I thought 'oh she likes him' because you could just tell. I wasn't bothered because he was with me and not her and I never mentioned it to him.

But when we split amicably, he got into a relationship with her maybe 6 months after. I thought 'oh that's nice, I'm happy for him and also her because its cool she got with her crush' like I wasn't bothered. A couple of years later they got engaged.

But then I see this post come up on my news feed, someone has commented on his gfs page (and tagged him) and it said something about 'that bitch' he used to date. And I just thought wtf? Like it was obv meaning me and clearly she was only calling me a bitch because I happened to be dating him back when she liked him. And I felt like saying 'excuse me! but I've never met you, you don't know me and I actually got on really well with him and we had an amicable split so there's no reason you should be calling me a bitch'. I felt maybe they called me that back then (which I can understand) but the fact that they were still referring to me that way just because I happened to date her fiancé once upon a time was really childish. So who knows, maybe there was still an element of jealousy there.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 13

• Yes, when I commit to a guy as my boyfriend, I get VERY territorial over him. I'm the most easygoing person in the world, but no bitch is going to mess with my man. And yes, if the other girl is pretty and I know that my boyfriend liked her, that only makes it worse.

• Some do some don't. Because they're insecure.

• I'm insecure but I'm not the jealous type. If someone likes my guy that's totally fine. I can't really do much about someone else liking him can I?

• Yeah. Being a girlfriend/ex girlfriend. I would get jealous of that. Its just scary knowing that your man could leave and pick another girl instead. But you go to trust that he loves you and would never do that (that's why I kept my jealousy to myself). My ex boyfriend used to get really jealous of all my guy friends and especially angry if a guy I dated tried to catch up with me (as just friends) so I think both males and females are guilty of being jealous because of that!

• Yes but usually only if the girl is prettier than the previous girl. Can sometimes happen with other traits but usually only how attractive the other girl was.

• So if the girl who has a crush on the guy is prettier than the girl who's going out with the guy then she'll get jealous and hate on the girl? If that girl wasn't pretty the girlfriend wouldn't care?

• Yes tbh that's the way it is with us usually

• Aren't you a girl so you can answer these question in your perspective?

• No honestly I would just feel proud that I had someone who the girls like but dated me.. and obviously must of ended for a reason so no remorse in ending a relationship that is doomed..

• uh for me jealousy is the whole fear of abandonment thing...

• Yes and start comparing themselves to her

• The girl might get insecure and jealous if they start spending time together. But then the guy is with you and not the other girl. Just make sure nothing suspicious is happening.

• Cause they could still like them and be planning something to make them break up

• Some do. I had a crush on my guy friend in High school but I got over it. We're still in contact. I'm engaged to someone now. His girlfriend told him he's not allowed to talk to me anymore. I was 14 when I liked him. I'm 29 now.

• I wouldn't want them around him but I'm a confident person.