Is it ok to date your classmates ex?

Would you date a guy who is your classmates ex?
I have never been in a relationship and I am very picky when it comes to dating. But I got interested in my classmates boyfriend. I thought he was super nice but ofc never thought about any more than friendship with him while they were still together.
Then I heard they broke up and the girl had been quite unfair to him. I heard it from her self and she found a new guy right away and was completely happy with the change. I didn't see her ex for a year or so...
Now we met by accident. He asked me to hang out with him and his friends and then he was a little surprised to hear his ex was on the same class with me. I think he knew it but tried to hide it.
I have never ever thought about dating him but now I started to think about it. He asked me out again but we left it open and I am not sure if I should end this because of my classmate or not think about it at all and go for it... I am not really best friends with this classmate but she didn't like me at the beginning and now she has started to like me, so I don't want to ruin it either. Do you think she will get mad if she finds out? Do you think I should not worry about it?

• Go for it! Is it ok to date your classmates ex?
  • See where it goesIs it ok to date your classmates ex?
  • End it as soon as possible Is it ok to date your classmates ex?
  • OtherIs it ok to date your classmates ex?

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering that the classmate isn't really a friend, I don't think you have any obligation to respect her territory, so to speak. Dating a friend's ex is usually a major no no, but dating an acquaintance's ex isn't such a big deal. He's eventually going to date someone, right? It may as well be you. If you're not friends with the classmate, then there's no friendship to worry about ruining.

Then again, if it is very important to you that she like you (despite not having a real friendship at this time), dating her ex isn't such a good plan. You have to decide what is more important to you.

• Thank you, this is something I thought about myself. I just feel a little weird about the fact that he likes me and he has liked her because we are really different... I don't want to compare myself all the time to her 'cause as I said she didn't like me at first, she was really mean to me. But maybe I should see what happens and if it feels too weird. You are right, she is not my friend and I have no reason obligation to think about what she feels about it but I am too emphatetic and always worry about others feelings. And I don't want to get her hate either...

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0