How much should someone contact you?

I just got out of my first serious relationship and I'm just wondering how much little contact is too little? My ex-boyfriend had the nerve once to complain to me about how little I contacted him apparently and yet I wouldn't hear from him for days with no explanation on his end. I also noticed that while he contacted me so little and his excuses were always that he had all this stuff going on right now he still had time to check up on Facebook nearly every day. I'm just wanting a little advice for the next relationship I might find myself in one day. If someone is interested in you then how often should they stay in touch with you? How much little contact should I tolerate before I start interpreting that as a red flag that he might be leading me on/ just not interested anymore? I've only been in one serious relationship so far and I would just like a little advice so I don't find myself in yet another bad relationship. Thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like contact once a day, it doesn't have to be a long amount of contact, just a quick text or call and that's it. I'd like to see my woman three or four times a week, if possible. That seems sufficient to me. I don't want to spend all of my time with one person because I like hanging with friends and being on my own but I don't want to go three or four days without contact.

Most Helpful Girl

• Was it a long distance relationship?

My advice is don't bother with that again. Have a real relationship where you actually see each other...

• That's the bad thing. He only lived 30 minutes from me and it always felt like a guessing game as to when I was going to see or hear from him again. Thanks for your answers.

What Guys Said 2

• You pretty much answered your own question here. If he is choosing to be on FB rather than talk to you that is a red flag already

• I love @doratheexplorerr

What Girls Said 1

• You should contact each other once a day at the very least.