Sex with my best friend. He thinks we should stop but I don't?

My best friend and I hooked up. It was amazing, emotional and went all the way through into the next morning. The only problem is he's moving away for grad school. He doesn't want to continue doing this because he's worried that we'll get too attached and that every time I visit, hooking up is all we'll do. But I want to continue. I understand that he's leaving, but why not get the most of the few weeks we have. How can I tell him this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question! Sex is something that should be done with respect first. And you should know that doing sex emphasis emotional attachment. Maybe he really likes you, he really enjoy sex with you but maybe you're not his girl...

Keep in mind that when you have his penis in your hands, you also have its heart in your hands. be careful at what you do with it. If you want to keep this boy as a good friend for long time, don't forget to listen to him and respect the line where he feels comfortable or not to do sex with you.

Love, peace, happiness, hugs and cuddles :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't want to do it. Respect his wishes and let it go. It's inconsiderate of you to do otherwise. All you want to use him for is sex and that takes a toll on some people. You're basically looking at him as an object and not a best friend. IF you care about him, you'll understand that he doesn't want to continue having sex with you whether it be he is invested in you romantically and doesn't want to get attached or he just didn't find the sex as "amazing" and "emotional" as you did. When a person says no, listen. That's the problem with people. All they care about is themselves and see no problem with crossing other people's boundaries to get what they want. You're not even listening to how he's feeling. It's all about you.

Reality Check: IT'S NOT.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but if this situation were reversed people would be bashing the guy on this comment section for not accepting that the girl doesn't want to continue. He's your best friend. Not your boyfriend. Not your f-buddy (at least, anymore). Treat him like a friend, not an object.

What Guys Said 11

• Usually guys feel guilty about this, as if they are luring you or tricking you. Just reassure him that you really like the sex and you understand he is leaving. Just like you said, tell him you want to make the most of it while you can.

• Sometimes its hard for guys to get attched to someone sexually when they aren't dating, sometimes they feel weird about it if they are jusr friends, or they just dont think its right. Thas judt my opinion tho, u know him best. Now if u guys were daring im sure he would want to have sex right until before he leaves, but since youe not.. maybe thats why? Just my opinion, all guys think differently... u tell me!

• i think trying to convince him otherwise is going against the very thing he does not want to do...

he knows the outcome.. he'll get attached and his feelings will grow and you'll become a huge distraction for him while he should be focusing on school.

visit his neighbor next time.

• Emotional, you say? You're already attached, just as he feared. He doesn't want to hurt you when he leaves.

• I think you just have to communicate with him. It sounds like he is into more of the friends with benefits relationship and you want more. You have to tell him exactly how you feel

• Well, he probably doesn't want it to become a relationship and it probably will if you keep doing it, since you are already best friends.

• Tell him you wanna do it everyday

• I agree with you.

• Just tell him you want to hook up and have as much time together before he leaves

• He thought the sex was bad and is trying to say it nicely. No matter what he told you he was lying.

• That's an act of desperation on your part. Guys can smell desperation and he just wants to let you down easy

What Girls Said 2

• You tell him like that. However, I think it's a bad idea.

• tell him your still want him sexually for now