I want to date, but dont know where to find guys to date?

I haven't dated in a long time and learning that a friend of mine just got a boyfriend and the fact that my sister just went to meet her soon-to-be boyfriend really makes me miss dating.

But the thing is that I never meet guys that I like, and likes me back. The biggest issue is finding a guy in the first place. I have tried dating apps with no luck at all and I tried doing things like volunteer work to "put myself out there" and be more social, but didn't meet anyone

I had a very brief thing with this guy in October last year, besides that nothing has happened.

I want to date, but dont know how or where to meet guys. Im moving in less than two weeks so hopefully i'll meet someone then, but with my luck and former experience thats not going to happen. So any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• well perhaps the reasons why you can't find guys to date and have no luck is because you dont give a damn about guys in the first place, so dont be going for a date just because everyone else around you is. plus you have to approach too and let them know what you want. guys are not the only ones who are going to approach/ or ask. plus your moving, thats just going to waste theirs and your time, so you'll just get rejected for that, because guys want to date because they want to get a relationship out of it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I was like you at some point. It wasn't that I had high exception, I was just shy and appeared close off with men. I didn't let it happen.
    I tried to go out more. I did the online dating thing and it gave me confidence in myself and around men. That's actually how I met my boyfriend.

What Guys Said 4

• so if you never meet guys that you like, could it be, that you expect a lot? what type of guys do you like? how do you expect it to go down?

• I have high expectations, but only when it comes to behavior. I didn't really get involve with guys before my late teens (17-18) so everything i learned about dating and such I learned from tv etc. So because of that I expect (not necessarly by choice) guys to act in certain ways, say certain things. And when they dont I feel turned off or I assume they aren't serious about me. I know for sure that I have turned down great guys because of it, that and my low self esteem. I do the same thing with every guy, and since I dont know how to deal with it im kinda hoping that i'll meet a guy Who is "perfect " and makes it easier for me. I dont know how realistic that is though

• ahh i think i´ve got a basic idea. you know in media (especially love stories and such) guys seem so sure about the girl they are after. they totally ignore that other girls exit and only go after that one girl.

that´s not what you get in real life. in real life, guys are insecure. they know you´re one of many choices and they have to find out if they want you first so they might appear flaky for you at first.

if you´re hoping to find the "perfect" guy, forget it. you´ll die a (relationship) virgin with that attitude. it´s totally normal to slowly start liking a guy. you´re never like totally overwhelmed by how awesome a guy is. love on first sight doesn´t exist.

• Online like tinder, eharmony, plenty of fish, match, the gym, the bar, dance clubs, museums, sports events, sex clubs, smoke shops, church, the streets, through an agency

• Connections, it's all about meeting people and then meeting the people they know.

Like throwing a net, most will be no good, but eventually you'll get a good catch.

• U can find plenty of guys here, who are hungry for a girlfriend actually :D

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend and I met because we share a hobby. I think that online dating is terrible and I suggest that you find a new hobby to meet some guys.

• My hobby is working out, but the gym is not a good place to meet people because everyone is busy with their own thing

• Yeah, i understand that. I'm a member of a rowing club and we all regularly meet up for days out and general socialising. There is a clubhouse which most people go to after their rowing session. Also we have a gym and because we know each other we all tend to chat whilst working out. I understand that rowing isn't for everyone, but there are loads more hobbies to try :)

• Male strip clubs Lol... jk um try getting involved in some activities you're interested in.