What does God want?

Im a firm believer in signs from God and that everything happens for a reason but I just can't wrap my head around why this very thing keeps happening i still have feelings for my ex and by the way he's been acting I think he might still have feelings for me. He's never cheated on me or anything like that the break up was just mutual. I keep thinking about him so I ask God for a sign, then my ex will call or text then I think okay maybe this is right this is what I'm meant to do then as I say that he gives me a reason why I don't want to do this again and I don't know I want him but I don't know if I need him. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• What do I think? First of all, I DON'T think that GAG is the place to ask about what people think God wants or what He will do for you in a situation like this. Most people are too biased and prejudiced to see the longing in someone's heart and what role God is playing. And I speak as a believer in God as well.

Second, remember "Do not put the LORD, your God to the test". Don't impose your hopes on His will. Not only is it a show of arrogance, but you will also leave yourself with way too much to overanalyze. This will leave you static, confused, and hurt. Honestly, I think you're talking about a Hollywood love story and not so much an act of faith.

Rather, pray for the mercy and grace for sound judgment and for the prudence and humility to act on it.

What Guys Said 12

• Which one? Here, pick your choice:

http://i.imgur.com/i4rSGOo.jpg

(click twice on it)
    (that list is almost certainly incomplete because it relates only to gods whose believers could write. A minority thus.)
    Pay attention to pick 'the right ones' in that list: they're all jealous. If you err you'll suffer or eternity in EACH hell of EACH of them. That makes for many sufferings.

• You'd better ask your ex for a sign. Which one of you two decided you'll be exes?

• God wants you to plant a seed by showing your faith and sending me $20 via PayPal. In order for the seed to grow, you must give and allow God to nurture your plant.

But if you never plant a seed, God will not bless you with a harvest. All you have to do is send me $20.

• I think God wants you to stop treating him like a magic 8 ball.

• Although I do not believe in God I see this as a sign that you are too attached to your ex and need to move on.

• God wants what we want, cause god is merely a projection of human mind structure on anything.

• there is no god you have to do things in life for yourself and choose your own path.

• god want you to worship him
    in the end he doesn't need any of us

• and they're plenty of who don't worship him-hence why the world is in such a mess as it is now.

• @Sabretooth if you forget god he will forget you its simple

• i know, i didn't. i just put a goal ahead of him... something that could've really changed my life for the better-but by relying on my own fear-intoxicated mind... things got worse. i'm usually very rational... but i never had so much to loose

• Sorry, hon. There is no evidence that any god even exists.

• For you to experience. To learn , to love, to create

• "wanting" is a human emotion

• I don't believe that there is or isn't a god. Yes, I'm Jewish, but I don't have proof that he exists, but i dont have proof that he doesn't exist either. So, I continue through my life as an agnostic jew. Yes, that's a real thing. I also don't believe in creationism

• Put ypur faith in God and thongs will work out for the best. If your gut says no or you fell you are fighting to hard for it, then let it go and move on. Otherwise things will unravel for the best in due time.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm sorry, God doesn't work like that. That is you using your feelings and emotions to justify in going back to an ex. If God allowed that relationship to end, it ended for a reason. Don't over spiritualize something to the point your in serious error with him. If you have been in sin in that relationship, it was best that it ended. Right now you need to focus on God and build you relationship with him first, before you even bother seeking to be in another relationship. Overall this is your emotions. Leave your emotions and feelings out of it, or God forbid you end up in serious trouble and a relationship you should not be in to the point you jeopardize your relationship with God. When you put other people over God, he will leave you because you abandoned him over earthly things. If seen it happen before, and it doesn't end well.