When do you think the age gap between a girl and a guy is too big?

Most Helpful Guy

• I say 10 years a is the cut off point. It also kinda depends the age between the two like if the girl is 16 and the guy is 26 I think it not a good gap espically she underage but I think as long their above 18 that's OK.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on the two people in question. Some people are more mature than others. It also depends on whether the two of them want the same things in life. There isn't a strict cut off point but I would get queasy if there was over a 20 year age gap.

What Guys Said 23

• When neither person has to ask if the age gap is too big. :)

OK seriously there is some truth to that. For an age gap to be OK, both people need to fully understand that age is NOT just a number. They need to understand that there are very real differences. They need to understand, like really understand, how those differences will affect their relationship and their lives.

So basically they need to go into it with their eyes open and know what they are really getting into. This mostly means the younger of the two needs to understand it. The older person has experienced being both young and being older. While the younger person has only experienced being younger. There are a lot of things the younger person might not consider. Even if they consider them they need to put proper weight on them.

• I personally don't mind at all about that. One of my good friend (female) who she's actually around 70, (ys i have old friends sometimes ), as she was 19 she started a relation with a man of 54. her mother did not talked to her for 10 years and then realised that it would not be changing that soon. they were together until he passed out. they made a long way together and she wasn't unhappy with that man.

I don't see anything wrong even if girl is yonger. I think we should let natural attraction do the thing and stop worring about what other could think, the laws and the taboos. :-)

Love, peace, hapiness, hugs and cuddles :-)

• Woa that's a big age gap! but I guess I'm happy for them that it didn't affect their relationship

I know I don't want to worry about it but my friends and parents tell me the guy I like is too old for me. :( I personally don't think he's too old. I believe we understand each other really well and I feel like he's around my age

• What are these things about?

• Can't talk of that over here! let say that some ears are not ready yet to hear certain things sometimes :-) amplektaris at ou t loo k dot com (just make it all together)

Love, peace, happiness, hugs and cuddles :-)

• I would typically believe that anywhere from around 10 years or more. But it's different for everyone in reality.

• There's no real fixed limit but I think the "your own age divided by two plus seven" is a pretty good rule whats the youngest you should date.

But if they are literally old enough to be your parent or you're old enough to be theirs then its way too much.

• A long asked question, the girlfriend I had for the longest was 13 years older than I, she was 36 and I was 23. Sexually, it was incredible, and mentally for the most part it was great too... I was a working musician and she was a poet and artist, very bohemian... I supposed we would have stayed together longer or made it official if I hadn't have been out on the road so much and she wasn't quit e as demanding as she was, still we had a good innings... I live in Thailand now and see so many old fat guys with skinny, very very young Thai girls, and it makes me crook... I know they are only in it for the money, but be nice if the men, took a bit of care in how they looked, not sunburnt, unshaven, wearing tatty old beer singlets, bandy white legs and socially nothing but a bar slob, whilst the guy is nicely turned out and looks a picture..
    Yes I have a This\a wife, we have been married for three years and she's terrific. And 37 years old, I'm 63... I felt badly about our relationship for the first year, then gradually accepted that she was truly happy with me. No, she doesn't work in a bar, she owns her own cosmetics shop, has two wonderful boys and a super nice family. For my part, I wear good clothes when we got out together, keep myself fit and don't drink. Respect my wife and her family, some people can make it work if you respect and sat considerate of a younger spouse, I acknowledge my age and don't do things not becoming a older guy, nor do I ask my wife to get old and dowdy. She keeps me young and we just live each day happily...

• I heard that guys are attracted to younger women because they make them feel young themselves

• I think age gap of more than 8 years will be termed as too big.

• As long as each is over 18, the only opinions that matter are the two individuals involved.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

• When she has to rush home from school to change his Depends.

• When it looks like the dude is being predatory, that can be a 20 year old going for a 16 year old girl or a 40 year old going for a 20 year old girl. Same applies if the genders are reversed I guess except the 20 year old dude is gonna be loving that cougar action with a 40 year old. lmao

• So you think it depends on the situation and has nothing to do with a certain years of an age gap.

• Yeah sure if the guy or the girl is underaged and the other person isn't, it would be totally a different story. But I'm asking assuming both of them are 18+

• I think it's all about experience and stages of life. I'm 23, I'm a dude, I'd get with a 40 year old woman for sex and I wouldn't think it was anything more than that, we'd be using each other. If a 23 year old girl got with a 40 year old man it'd be cool if they were using each other, but the odds are it'd be him using her in that situation. Ultimately though people make their own decisions and live with them.

• Whenever the persons concerned think it's too big... LOL... I could care less about what I think the correct age gap is... Coz I don't... It's not like i'm simply going to give out a number given I don't know who's concerned and that I never had to deal with age differences in relationship... Pretty easy

• My parents and friends think the guy I like is too old for me. I personally don't think so but he thinks he is too old too. I'm not sure why he confessed to me and still wants to be with me tho :/

• If she's older, she's under the legal limit, or there is more than 60 years of difference between them.

• When they treat you maturely like mom/dad

• Age hasn't been much of a consideration as long as she's attractive. I'd slept with anywhere from 16 -41 (when I was a manslut and early 20's). Once they get into the 40's looks get harder and harder to maintain.

• Anything more than 10 years

• I'd say as long as it couldn't be seen as a father-daughter or mother-son relationship. Meaning I think the max in my opinion should be about a 15 year gap.

• 10yrs

• When it goes beyond 10 years is when I'd consider the gap too large.

• over 5.

• As long as she's 18 their is no such thing as a age gap

• When one can't walk

• I'd say over 5 years.

• If both are able to consent it should be fine.

• As long as they're legal, there is no "wrong" age gap. I would wonder though, why a 24 year old, would go out with a 50 year old (old enough to be their dad/mom)

What Girls Said 8

• no more than 5 years bc then you are in a different phase of life. thats my view.

i've said this before but i don't buy the age is just a number its about spiritual love etc bc the number is always greater on the guy. if it was a spiritual connection it would;dint almost always be the guy way older. when the guy is always older, age isn't just a number , in my opinion, its the reason for the relationship. billions of people in the world. plenty of spiritual connection in people in your peer group.

• How about 6 or 7 years age gap? Is it too much?

• As long as they are mature enough for each other and they are both legal adults then I don't think its so much age that matters. If they get along and their maturity is similar then age isn't a huge deal. Unless like a 90 year old dates a 12 year old then maybe its not so good

• As long as they are both adults I think anything goes. If one partner is under 18, 4 years is what I think is acceptable.

• When he has age to be her father.

• When it's illegal, or past 10 years.

• 10 years

• When he's old enough to be her father 😦

• 4+ rule after that its just gross