Have you ever been disappointed when someone who liked you gave up on you?

Most Helpful Guy

• As in... You friend zoned them! And got dissatisfaction in the fact they gave up on the near impossible pursuit?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, but then I got over it. I got better things to do than mope around! Plenty of fish in the sea, haha. :)

What Guys Said 17

• No. When this happened it was because I was the one who realized it and rejected anything more than a friendship. If it was my choice I didn't get disappointed.

• Eh kind of. But then again, if they gave up, then that's no longer my problem to fix. I moved on.

• What happened?

• She just suddenly lost interest. I asked what was going on, she couldn't really answer. So I ended it there. If she can't give me answers when I ask for them straight up, I'm not gonna fish for them.

• not really, i don't have that experience, i'm usually the guy who's interested in girls XD, but yeah, I've never really known of anyone interested in me, so i have no experience in that.

• It was probably best that they moved on if there was no chance of us being in a relationship, but I would be bummed out for sure

• Hmmm I suppose so.

• Not really. Usually I've been relieved since they got the hint I wasn't interested without me being mean or explicitly telling them so (necessary sometimes). If I was that interested back then they wouldn't have gave up before having a fling.

• Ehh kind of.

• Well yes, but mostly due the fact my ego was hurt.. I had no itention of being with them in the first place. Extremely selfish and a bit assholish in my opinion.

• To be honest... not really. Maybe when I was a bit younger

• yup...

• Has happened once and no. No hard feelings from my end.

• No never.

• Scenario?

• you're twisting the knife in the wound here, eh
    GODDAMN it hurts

• In other words this is how it went down for OP:

1. Guy shows interest in OP

2. OP plays mind games and strings guy along

3. Guy realizes OP is playing around with him and is not that into him

4. Guy moves on to a girl who will actual reciprocate his feelings

5. Op gets upset guy no longer wants to play her silly little games and jump through hoops for her.

• Lol you beat me to it. Maybe not but there's plenty of them out there that do exactly that. Some guys are so smitten they'd put up with it and walk through fire and broken glass if she asked him too. Most don't like dealing with such bullshit.

• Yep, happens all the time when people like me since they usually aren't my type.

• Maybe you were too cold and they felt like they were going round in circles, it's not unsalvageable but if it is important to you you've got to reach out even if it's not what you normally do, they'll see that and it'll mean a lot to them. Trust me.

What Girls Said 4

• If the feelings were mutual then yes, but that has never been my case.

• Oh yeah, you bet.

• What happened?

• We both want different things. It was a great partnership---or so I thought. Perhaps I'm wrong in thinking I meant more than I really did. That's in the past though!

• Yeah once, when it was mutual. 2nd choice sucks lol

• nope