Would you ever love a girl who was a former KKK member (please read)?

Shortly after her birth, a girl joined the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan due to her grandparents' request. She spent most of her life as a KKK member. Dad had also been raised as a KKK member since he was very little, and the girl's mom wasn't a KKK member, but when she married dad, she joined the Klan. But the truth is, she doesn't think that they were never too enthusiastic about the whole KKK philosophy.

Then when the girl was in high school, she got injured very badly during a rally because of angry protestors. She got hurt quite a few times in rallies before, and each time it made her mom and dad very unhappy. But they didn't say anything until this time when it was a lot more serious. Her mom and dad then decided that being a part of the KKK was too dangerous for their daughter's safety.

So after the incident, dad got extremely upset, and told his parents that he, his wife, and his daughter will be leaving the KKK, and move away. They had a very big fight, and now the family has quit the Klan, and moved far away. They don't speak with her grandparents anymore.

My question is, would a guy ever love a girl who spent most of her childhood spreading hatred? The girl is now very sorry about what she did, and regrets her past. Her dad also makes her keep the Klans robe and mask in her closet as a keepsake and a reminder to never make the same mistake again. If she ever dates a guy, when should she tell him about her past? Should she tell him about her past at all?

Most Helpful Guy

• oh man, you need to get rid of that robe and hood. Nothing good can come from keeping that around. I don't know... i mean, your folks left the clan because it got too violent and not because of how backwards their beliefs are.

This is a bad skeleton to have in ones closet.

• they realize what they did was wrong, and don't agree with the Klan's ideologies.

Most Helpful Girl

• No for two reasons:

1. I don't like girls

2. No even if I was a guy how could I? As not only a person but a black person I don't believe your family is truly sorry. Sure you nay not have been a big fan of it but either way you took part. If you did not continue to get injured you, your mom, dad, and grandparents would still continue to be holding hands with the rest of them under that robe 😠👿

• mom and dad didn't truly believe in the Klan ideology even though dad has been a member since he was a little kid. I know my parents better than you do. we left because yes, I got injured, but you see other Klansman who get injured, and they don't leave because they blame protestors. we left because dad's KKK philosophical beliefs were already weak, and on top of that, I got hurt so he figured that we've had enough.

• Well if you and your intermediate family has really changed your ways then if I were a guy your past is just your past it's behind you.

I just didn't think that was the case because what you just told me wasn't exactly the same as what you said up there "Her mom and dad then decided that being a part of the KKK was too dangerous for their daughter's safety. So after the incident, dad got extremely upset, and told his parents that he, his wife, and his daughter will be leaving the KKK, and move away." up there it seemed like your safety was their only reason which is of course is important but you know what I mean.

What Guys Said 18

• I'd never date a bigot. It's absolutely idiotic and totally unjustifiable to hate someone because of their skin color. Also, it sounds like you haven't changed. You just don't openly show your hatred by being in the KKK anymore

• Leave, like David Duke? Leave, and join the White Citizens' Council? Or leave and shop members to the police? If it wasn't the third, I don't think I'd quite believe her. I assume most members of the KKK will have been absorbed in that culture since they were young... probably why they're so extreme.

• I mean since you/she was a child there's not really anything she could do about it, so I don't think I would mind but she would have to actively express her distaste for them and have no lasting connections to it whatsoever. If she had been a member as an adult, that would be a lot ore off-putting. As a child it's basically forced on you though.

• well, really it depend on the scenario, if it's something like this, then that's fine with me, but if they were still a member for the Klan, i could only ever see us having arguments about it all the time.

• I wouldn't care because for 1 it wasn't her decision her parents forced her into it.

2, ok she joined it, what did she actually DO that was so terrible? Did she beat people up, did she rob people, was she a murderer? Or was she just part of the organization?

• i wouldn't give a fuck. even if she was a nazi or something, i am all ok with that.

• You can become a liberal, It's about the same except you spread hatred against the white race.

• I like the sound of that. Anything with knights is super cool.

• I wouldn't care at all

• She truly left this KKK?

• yes she did. she wants nothing to do with it

• Hmm well yeah I think I can love a girl who left this thing

• Yeah.

• What is Ku Klux Klan? What do they do? Lol, propably yes if the girl is Sexy enough.

• Back in the day they were angry white southerners who wanted white supremacy and tried to enforce it through fear. Such as: forced lynchings on totally innocent African-Americans

• @Maxemeister oh ye I got it now bruh, thanks for the information.

• For me, no as I'm half black half white

• i'd tell her to watch iron ma 3

• Yeah i would

• I wouldn't care

• As a Jewish person, why should I date a former KKK member. I mean, if she's ok with me being Jewish and all then that's fine but, why should I trust a former KKK member. I have black friends too, and I'm white

• This is a super controversial issue. But her parents chose that life for her; she didn't choose it for herself. Now that she's out, she regrets her involvement. I think those are the most important aspects. You are fully entitled to your concerns. But I think she deserves a second chance, especially since she wasn't responsible for her involvement in the first place. Her family made the choice for her.

• I'm not sure if she needs to mention that if a part of her past that she isn't or believes in anymore as long as she is over it and realizes how stupid it was

What Girls Said 5

• Obviously being a part of the KKK is a huge deal and a truly awful thing to be involved with. However, you were raised that way without any say. You didn't grow up, develop your own perspective, and then choose that path. It was forced on you. If you now see things differently and regret your past, the choices your parents made for you shouldn't be held against you.

• 2|1
  • I don't think I could date her, no.

• Everyone deserves to be loved but only if she's really sorry for her past as well as the family because I wouldn't stress myself out being around them and having to hear comments about others

• I'm sure some people would be forgiving, but if I knew that about someone initially I would stop talking to them immediately.
    If you used your experince to spread awareness and tried to stop the hatred I wouldn't judge you for your past.