I don't understand women sometimes. Ladies help with this please?

I've been seeing this girl at events for 3 years.. Were linked through our families. We stare at each other and it's obvious we like each other. But we never ever speak. I said bye to her last week at an event to try and break the ice.. She said bye back and a week later she sent me a message on Facebook saying these exact words " ok so here's the thing... I added you on fb but chickened out and cancelled it 😕"

Why did she do that?
Was she nervous?
Was that her way of hinting that she likes me?

I didn't know what to say back so I read & ignored it.

It's been a few days... Do you think she thinks I don't like her now?

What Girls Said 1

• You should definitely text her

What Guys Said 1

• She said: "but chickened out and cancelled it". I'm sure this means she was nervous.

So, please, do yourself a favor and talk to her. Don't regret later for something you could've done. You may not have a chance like this again soon.

She's very shy but what reason would she have to be nervous? Why not just add me and wait for me to accept?

You said yourself, she's very shy, this is probably the reason. If you do nothing about it I doubt it she will. Just don't go too fast, be friendly at first, try to make her feel comfortable talking to you, then you do more "advanced" things.