Would you dump her for this or would it just open your eyes?

My girlfriend and I had plans to go up north this weekend to visit her family. Our plan was to leave Friday morning. But my dad has to work that Friday night. My mom is handicapped and needs 24/7 care. My girlfriend basically told me tell them no i have plans and I can't stay home to look after her. I comprised and said how about you come over Friday and we will drive up Saturday morning when my dad gets home. She got really mad and was like just stay home. I'm really not liking you now. To me it shows she doesn't care about. my mom at all. What would you do if u were me?

What Girls Said 1

• You said that your mom is handicapped and needs 24/7 care. I'm sure that your girlfriend is aware of that. It is selfish of her to be mad at you for that. She has to realize that your mom can't be left alone. There are instances when family has to come first and this sounds like it is one of them. If your girlfriend cannot compromise with you, then that is not a good sign. She might be one of those control freaks who wants their way all the time and will throw a hissy fit when things don't go their way. That's not good. If I was her I'd offer to help you with your mom and then drive up on Saturday morning after your dad gets off of work. If I was you I'd tell her that she needs to either be understanding of the situation or she needs to find someone else who is willing to cater to her selfish ways.

What Guys Said 2

• i don't think it necessarily means that she doesn't care about your mom but rather she is just selfish.

i'd tell her your impression of this situation and explain that there are times when your family will come first and she has to be ok with that. if she can't then you two probably can't be together... that is if you want to try and remedy the situation otherwise it's probably just best to end it

• Well she is certainly being an inconsiderate drama queen.