Ladies have you ever paid for a first date?

I always see women here saying they don't want a guy to pay on the first date so how many of you actually paid for a first date?

• I have paid for first dates
  • nope I've never paid.

Most Helpful Girl

• No and that's never gonna happen

• Why not?

• 15? Wow 😂😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 20

• I've insisted to pay my bit on every date, and i insist HEAPS. Not one of them accepted. They'd pay the lot.
    For subsequent dates, some would let me pay my bit, others still no.

• Technically, on our first date I paid for dinner because he didn't enjoy it and I felt bad because it was a restaurant I'd recommended we go to. Anything else I purchased on the day (except for a birthday gift he bought for me) was paid by me, everything else he bought was paid for by him.

• I'm not trying to sound like "that girl" lol but I think thats something that unattractive girls have to do.

• Can you expand on this please?

• LOL no! I'm not saying I'm Beyonce but I dont feel I'm bad looking enough where I need to pay! haha

• Hahaha no probs 😊

• I've never paid for a first date, but then again I've only had two first dates in my life and they were both free.

• Well luck you 😊

• I have paid for other dates with my husband though. I would not be averse to paying for the whole first date with someone or splitting the bill, as long as he doesn't balk at it and insist on paying.

• Thanks for the comment 😊

• I NEVER ask any guy out 1st no matter how much I like him so if he ask me out on a date I can only assume he's paying. But once I'm in a relationship I buy my man ribs and carryout and offer to go half a lot

• Every time I tried to pay, the guy would push away my money to the side. But I always offer, but get denied.

• I have plenty of times! I don't believe in going stupid social/gender roles, in fact i like to do the opposite of "the norm" And doing this is a good way to get a potential relationship started. Just cause i have a vagina between my legs doesn't mean i am some weak soul who can't pay my way or can't get the door or can't lift something. And if i wanna treat a guy, then what's wrong with that? it's not like i think he can't or is weak or whatever.

• The last two sentences doesn't make sense tho

• who says it can't?

• Nevermind...

• I don't pay on first dates, too many guys flake out on me. All the dates following it, I do pay though

• Only been on one first date and he strongly insisted on paying.
    So, no I haven't

• Are you cool with that?

• That's very thoughtful of you.😊

• That will make someone want to take you out more and to get more expensive things

• I like to split it 50/50.

• What if he offers to pay the full bill?

• Well if a guy wants to pay what's the harm? Usually I end up paying on the next date because I feel guilty for letting them.

• Ok cool😎

• I always just pay for my half every time. I did pay for one first date meal completely though because the guy I was going out with had to drive to come pick me up (my car was in the shop) and he also had already paid for our movie tickets online. So I thought I could even it out and pay for the meal at least, ya know.

• I've never paid, but I tried to. I really did

• Well ask him out on a date and pay...😊

• split it. I pay for my stuff, he pays for his. I don't eat much anyway. I don't have much money on me so if he offers, yeah but then I'll make up for it in gifts. Usually, paintings, CDs/playlists, like I said, I don't have money.

• I don't think there is something bad with paying for your part of the bill.

• Why not the whole bill?

• No, but to be fair I've never been on a first date.

• Never? Oh you're young still don't worry.

• I usually pay for myself if it's the first date

• I did. I invite my long term crush ice cream.

• I've paid for some stuff. Like if he's going to drive us, I'll put gas in his car, or he'll buy food and I'll get some drinks in. I know girls have used guys for money, but these days guys do it too there's even guy versions of those sugar baby websites, not to mention all the scam artists who take thousands from women then move on... so I get why paying can be a sensitive subject for so many people, but I still don't get why they care so much. It's like lending money- lend somebody $30 and if they don't pay back, it's the best $30 you ever spent because you can cut them off without going further in with them... so dates are the same- first date, go somewhere casual and cheap anyway, coffee is even fine, then if she doesn't open her purse for date 2 or is seeming greedy about what you're paying for, then consider it the best $30 you can spend.

• Oh yeah. I have a soft spot for musicians, who are usually broke.

• I have always paid for myself on all my dates. Guys have offered, though.

• What about paying for both of you?

• I did that in high school when I asked the guy out to Sadie Hawkins dance, I paid for everything.

What Guys Said 2

• Not a lady but I never let a woman pay for the first date lol, that's my job and for any subsequent date I offer to take her on. Otherwise I'll pay for my own half if she takes me on one.

• I've had chicks pay their share normally... and i have had chicks take me out a few times :) its actually been a while since I've taken one out fully on my own.