I have a date coming up but im sick. What should I do?

I was meant to be going on a date tonight but. I think I have food poisening as I've been sitting on the toilet all morning with a bucket on my lap and being sick in both directions.

I've already cancelled once on the guy and I do like him but I dont want to send him a text and say " hey I've got violent diarrhea I can't make it tonight". What should I do? Do you think I should try and go?
If not how do I explain this while seeming genuine but not super gross?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to go into the details of violent and explosive diarrhea. You could just say you're really sick with food poisoning. Maybe you can reassure him that you really want to see him and are so sorry for canceling a second time with a promise to make it up to him if he's willing.

• To me having a date canceled twice in a row would generally be quite discouraging so that's where it really helps if you explain and apologize a bit and maybe assure him that you were looking forward to it.

What Guys Said 1

• go to the date. tell him you have stomach troubles, but you really wanted to see him, anf tell him ditectly since you alteady cancelled him once.
    id take something sincere like that.
    but if you can't, just call him and say that.

What Girls Said 3

• "Hey I'm sorry but I have to cancel due to food poisoning. Can we reschedule? This day works for me."

• Just tell him you're not feeling well, and that you'd like to reschedule.

• Do you think not feeling well will be specific enough to not look like an excuse?

• Hmm now that I think of it. It doesn't sound like that good of excuse. Just tell him you're sick. Which you are.

• If you have any essential oils you could use those, if not try boiling some water and leaning over it (not too close obviously) with a towel draped over your head and it could help release toxins and make you feel a bit better