Introverts, can you be with an extrovert?

i am not completely introverted, im very talkative and social when im around people i know, but i hate even the idea of meeting people. i like going out and having fun but im still very one on one (like i'll come with one friend and be with them). however, my boyfriend loves meeting new people and being in crowded places and talking to strangers. this is so unusual and weird to me and makes me mad because i imagine myself being with someone who's more compatible. someone who likes to have fun but hates people as much as me. what do you all think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that your two need to communicate more. When your tiered let him know and if he wants to stay he can get a ride or take his own car home. I have seen a lot of couples like that you two are fine. One of them gets tired and leaves while the other one stays behind till the last of the guests. There is nothing wrong with you to being different in that way. Just communicate that your out of social energy and need to go home. Aw man I saw a perfect link for this a week ago but I can't find it again. Look around google for help with this problem. I'm sure you will easily find the link that I was thinking of.

I understand your problem quite well. I'm a shy extrovert so I get along really well with the introverts and shy girls. So all of my freinds are introverts and they usually have to leave an event fairly early/I have to rally them to come to an event. I like to stay around until last call just talking and hanging around. However if I came with a freind they will make me go home early or all of my freinds will have left and I'll be with a few of the extrovert guys in the end.

Your problem is not that big of one all you and him need to do is to communicate what you want before you go. Will you need your own ride? Will you stay with him all night? Will he bring you home when you want?
    Lol I so get your hatred of meeting new poeple it is a real pain. However after I get to know them fairly well I enjoy being with them and hanging out. If need be I will leave with several of my introvert freinds and we will head to a dinner and have our own small 6 person party for a while. Just us having fun.

• yeah its not that im antisocial or socially awkward, i get along with people nicely and if im drunk at party, then im at the life of the party. but i think we also have some trust issues. he thinks that im hiding something just because i like my privacy (like i dont post pictures of him all over social media, and dont like him being on my phone. even though there's nothing there, i just dont like people all up in my business) and i worry that he'll be a little too friendly with someone that is why i dont like when he goes out, especially with his friends (they're all single) i just hate this feeling

• @Kko123 true they are common and it will help for you both to learn your differences.

• 👍🏻

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. As long as we respect each other, and don't push each other to do things we are really uncomfortable with, then I have no issue dating an extrovert. I have before, and it can be fun sometimes.

What Guys Said 8

• I think that's reasonable logic. I like to associate with people I know. People I don't, I just don't bother with them. It's not personal, But it is because I don't know them. I myself am very private with a small circle of friends. I have been burned and used and lied to by several people for many different reasons. I am just too old to deal with all these wild cards.

• Yes. In fact, I'm usually more attracted to them.

• I don't think that's possible. Wouldn't work out.
    Imagine a outgoing, talkative extroverted Latina dating an introverted gamer geek. How's that supposed to work?

• yeah no problem, that will work out just fine.

• I can if she can respect my need for complete alone time *me time* for a few hours a day.

• I forgot to ask you, OP - what are your thoughts on what I've typed?

• yeah im the same way. i do love spending time with my boyfriend but its only because its a few times a week so its a lot of fun, but i can not imagine being with someone 24/7, i need my space.

• Yes you get where I'm coming from.

• When i was young i was a damn introvert... and i fucking hated lie sooo fucking much! now im an extrovert and i fuck anything with two or more legs lol... So its possible but it takes time and effort!

• i tried with an extrovert. i dont know if its that ot because she was crazy or ciz she was a sloot, but it didn't work out

• Why didn't you find a dude who was like that, then?

• because i didn't notice this problem until later. everything else is good and lately all he's been doing is working, hanging out with me, and hanging out with like 2 or 3 friends. but now he's bringing up more and more about how many friends he has and is always getting invited to parties and goes half the time and i just dont like it so now im thinking i should end it

What Girls Said 3

• Well I'm with one so I guess so.

• you don't have to do everything together, the time you spend with each other is important

• well yeah but thats the thing that bothers me even more. yeah he doesn't make me go anywhere with him if i dont want to, but i dont like the idea of him going to parties with his friends (who are always doing stupid things) and i dont think he'd cheat on me but can't blame me for being a little paranoid since he has cheated on his ex.

• owh... I understand. My opinion is that a cheater won't change. Cheating is not excusable in any way. It's normal to be worried but are you sure he's worth it? You could find a better match for you. Anyways, this is your choice, I don't want to influence you to take a decision that might be bad for you.
      I guess the only thing you could to is to trust him...

• Yes, opposites attract. I'm an extrovert and my boyfriend is an introvert.